Thursday, August 21, 2014

Philippians 4:13 - Compassion Fatigue

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13

What a day it has been and it's not over yet!  When I woke up 15 minutes early this morning, I wondered why.  When I walked into the hospital and was called to the ED for a code, I knew why the Lord woke me early.  As I prayed and ministered to a hurting family I prayed for the Lord to give me right words and He gave me peace.  Throughout the day I was called back to the ED for a trauma and once again the Lord provided right words.

He also provided right words as I planted seeds with one who was raised by an Atheist father.  As he asked questions, I knew the Lord was with me because the answers were there to some tough questions.  I pray for the seeds that I planted to be cultivated into a full-blown relationship between this one and God.  I may never see them again but I know the Lord used me today in their life.  The Lord also led me as I ministered to the family of one who is in their last days.  Once again He provided words in a situation where words are hard to come by.

As I minister to another family at calling hours for the loss of their loved one I feel like I need my tank filled up.  I feel like I'm running on empty yet at the same time I feel so blessed to be where the Lord has me.  A few weeks ago there was a speaker at the hospital on "Compassion Fatigue."  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go.  But I think I can relate to that term today.  I have given and given and given.  I'm tired….physically, mentally, and emotionally.  But praise His Holy Name I am not tired spiritually!  The Lord just blessed me in a mighty way through a phone call from a dear brother in Christ.  He had no idea what he was getting into when he asked how I was.  I poured my heart out and his response was, "Let me bless you" and he prayed for us.  Woo hoo!

The Lord has provided for me each and every moment of this day.  He has provided physical strength.  He has provided mental strength.  He has provided emotional strength.  But most of all He has provided spiritual strength!  When I hung up the phone, I felt like I could fly.  My strength was renewed through this one who prayed with me.

Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome in the way You were with me every step of this day.  I praise Your Holy Name for loving me in such a mighty way.  You are such a wonderful Daddy.  Father, I pray for the ones grieving today.  Would You please wrap Your loving arms around them and help them to feel Your strength?  I also pray for the seeds that You planted through me today to be cultivated.  Lord, I can't begin to thank You enough for the phone call from Mike.  Father, bless him mightily.  Father, I praise Your Holy Name for being My Strength.  Amen.

No comments: