Monday, August 25, 2014

Philippians 4:13 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fall)"

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  Philippians 4:13

Yesterday as I heard Adavee playing "Oceans (Where Feet May Fall)"  I was so blessed.  The words just fit the day.  Then my blessings continued when Nancy taught my teen class so I could spend some time alone with the Lord.  My third blessing of the morning was Ruth bringing us lunch because she knew we would be spending the day at the church for calling hours.  The Lord was filling up my tank to overflowing.  Worship was awesome.  People were truly experiencing worshiping the Lord as we sang.  Communion with my husband was a special time.  Having Nancy pray the Armor of God over me was exactly what I needed.  I asked the Lord to fill me and He did.  I prayed for strength and He gave it.  I prayed to not miss any opportunities to be His hands and feet and I don't believe I did.  I prayed for His help with the fogginess of my brain and the way my mouth and brain weren't working together right and for the most part He did.  

"You call me out upon the waters…"
This week has been one of the toughest for me in ministry.  Four deaths with two being from our church has been challenging, to say the least.  I'm so thankful for the Lord being with me every step of the way.  I'm blessed as I minister to those hurting.  (A total of twelve deaths this week with those mentioned at church for prayer.)

"In oceans deep my faith will stand…"
My faith gets rooted deeper and deeper as I am challenged to go into places that are so tough.  In Pastor Doug's sermon yesterday I was encouraged to keep on going no matter how tough the circumstances God puts us in.

"Your grace abounds in deepest waters…"
Woo hoo!  What an awesome God I serve!  His grace is sufficient!  When I miss an opportunity He puts before me, it's OK.  I know He will give me another one!

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.."
Yes, Lord---I want to be where there are NO borders, NO shut doors on "secret" places kept from You.

"Let me walk upon the waters wherever You would call me…"
Wherever the Lord leads me is will I will go.  Whatever He asks of me, I will do.  I am completely surrendered to Him!

"I am Yours and You are mine…"
Praise His Holy Name for the relationship I am in with the Lord.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for a day of blessings yesterday.  Thank You for the strength to not only survive the day but to thrive through it.  Thank You for the way I could feel Your Presence within me. Thank You for all the people who are praying for us through these difficult days.  Lord, as we go into another funeral today I pray for You to use us in whatever way You desire.  I pray for the family and friends going through calling hours these evening and for the ones preparing for calling hours tomorrow.  I pray for another family going through a funeral today.  Father, so much death.  As Doc said yesterday, "Time is drawing near."  I pray for people to realize the urgency to getting right with the Lord.  Lord, someone said something to me yesterday that made me mad and I'm sorry I allowed it to.  I pray for them to have their eyes opened to what they said.  I pray against the negativeness of the comment and for it to not go any further.  Father, open people's eyes to the truth instead of the junk of the world they are believing.  I pray against the enemy having any foothold in people's lives, especially believers.  Lord, there are two I am praying for protection over and ask that You be with them and enable them to make decisions based upon You and not the world.  Father, thank You for being My Blesser.  Amen.


No comments: