Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Matthew 5:4 - Mourning

Matthew 5:4 – Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted.

The other day I prayed for the Lord to answer something we've been praying about and He did.  As a human being I'm not sure if I'm pleased with His answer or not.  Yet as I think on the spiritual realm of things I know His Will and His Time is the best.  While we were away for a few days we received calls and texts about a few different people who were going through tough physical issues.  One was hospitalized and then released.  One was life flighted and still needs a lot of prayers.  One was taken in for a procedure a few days early but praise the Lord came through well.  And then there was the frantic call about a horrible accident.  We were north of Cincinnati when we received the call.  It was so hard to be so far away instead of being with the family.  A half hour into praying we received another call that our friend had passed.  I was crushed.  I had to remind myself that His Will and His Timing is best.

I had recently had some conversations with this man but yet I didn't ask where he was in the spiritual realm of things.  "Only if??? What if??? Why didn't I???"  The one that was life flighted a few days ago I knew I had asked and was pleased to know she was good with the Lord.  But why didn't I just ask such a simple question to him?  Why, Lord?  Were the seeds that I planted cultivated?  

We never know when our time on this earth will come to an end.  We also never know when we will have another time to talk to someone about the Lord.  Sometimes when I feel like the time isn't right I have to stop and check myself.  Is that my humanness feeling that way or is the Holy Spirit telling me to wait?  That is something that I have to answer.  

I'm thankful for the seeds that I planted and also for the peace I have with the situation after praying about it.  I'm thankful we finally made it to the hospital to comfort the family.  I'm also thankful for Sharon who went to be with them until we could get there.

As I stood there, I had words of comfort to give but yet I wasn't really sure how comforting they were.  Especially to those who don't have a relationship with the Lord.  There is no way they can be comforted in the knowledge the Lord is there for them.  But I pray He becomes real to all of them.

Dear Jesus,
I pray for Your love to come down upon this family in a mighty way.  I pray for the lady who was life flighted and her family as they go through this difficult time.  Lord, touch all involved. Open doors that need opened for people to come into relationship with You.  Amen.

No comments: