Friday, August 1, 2014

Ephesians 2:10; I Thessalonians 1:4 - Living A Blessed Life


For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
—Ephesians 2:10

I was reminded of this verse this morning for my birthday.  My favorite part of it is the last part…God prepared in advance for us to do.  Nothing the Lord asks us to do is by coincidence.  He knows exactly how we can accomplish things for Him even before He asks us to do them.  When we are faced with something that seems like it is too big for us, we don't have to fear.  The Lord's strength is with us.  Not only is His strength with us but His wisdom is there for us.  This knowledge gives me the Holy Spirit goosebumps!

I received a card in the mail yesterday with a writing by Roy Lessin on it…



Just think, 
you're not here by chance, 
but by God's choosing. 
His hand formed you, 
He made you the person you are.
He compares you to no one else --
your on of a kind. 
You lack nothing 
His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here 
at this time in history 
to fulfill His special purpose 
for this generation.

"You lack nothing His grace can't give you."  Praise His Holy Name!  "…to fulfill His special purpose for this generation."  Woo hoo!  I love to see the teens getting what I'm teaching them in Sunday School.  I am blessed to be a part of the twenty-one lives of children who have accepted the Lord for the first time this week in VBS.  I Thessalonians 1:4 reads in The Message, God not only loves you very much but also has put His hand on you for something special.  Woo hoo!  That verse makes me want to do the happy dance!  I am living a very blessed life where I see the Lord using me for some awesome things.  I see lives being transformed for the Lord.  Hearing people claim the Lord as their Savior after living a life of hopelessness is an awesome thing to hear.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another year of life.  Father, I pray a continued blessing upon my life.  I pray I will be a blessing to many, including Yourself.  Lord, once again I pray for more of You and less of me.  I pray for You to shine through me in such a way there will be no doubt that You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords of my life.  Thank You Jesus for being My Blesser.  Amen.





No comments: