Saturday, August 2, 2014

Various Scriptures - Uncertainties of Life

As I was riding on the back of the Harley yesterday, singing along with the praise and worship music I started thinking about my MS.  Some would say the enemy was trying to cause me problems by making me fearful.  But I don't fear because I know the Lord is with me.  His word reminds me of that over and over and over again no matter what I go through. 

II Timothy 1:7 - God does not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but He gives us a spirit of power, love and self-control.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

James 1:2-3 - Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 

I Samuel 17:47b - …for the battle belongs to the Lord.

I remember the days of…
...not being able to see
...being in the wheelchair
...not being able to button my clothes
...not being able to drive
…going through IV's and/or therapy to try to get my function back
…laying and wondering if I would ever be "normal" again

I live with uncertainty all the time with the MS.  I never know when I will wake up and life won't be "normal" again.  I've learned "normal" is whatever the day holds.  Some days are harder than others.  There are some spent laying on the couch while others I am able to function.  The most frustrating part of it all is there is no rhyme or reason for it.  Stress exasperates MS along with over exertion but I have tingling for no reason.

Yesterday my thoughts were…How long will I be able to be on the back of the Harley?  What would happen if I had severe MS issues while riding?  What if I start having my hippy-hippy shakes while riding?  Then the Lord spoke so clearly to me.  He said, "Daughter I am here.  You have nothing to worry about."  Woo hoo!  Yes, the Lord does speak to people on the back of a Harley!  He speaks to us whenever, wherever we are.  The key is our capability to being able to hear His voice.  In order to hear Him, we first must be in relationship with Him.  In order to be in relationship with Him, we first must have Him in our heart.  But there is another step so many believers miss and that is being surrendered to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for speaking to me yesterday.  Thank You for reassuring me of Your protection.  Father, there are so many things happening in my little world that can cause uncertainty.  There are things that can cause me to be fearful and things that can cause me to doubt.  But, Lord, You took care of the fear and the doubts by speaking just those few words yesterday.  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus!  I praise Your Holy Name for being My Protector.  Amen.

No comments: