Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Romans 8:18-30 - "Best Days"

I woke up early this morning with Lincoln Brewster's "Best Days" going through my head.  The chorus is exactly how I feel…

Oh I receive
Everything that You're doing in me
And I believe
That the rest of my life
Will be the best of my life
I know You're coming back for me
Yes I know You're coming back for me
I'm living for eternity
And I know that the rest of my life
Will be the best days of my life

This song seals the things I live for.  I am determined to live for the Lord in a way that I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I will live in eternity with Him.  I also am determined to live for Him in a way where I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, He will be blessed as I live my life for Him.  "And I know my hope and my future are found in You" are definite words I believe.

Many in the world would look at my life and wonder how I could agree that these are "the best days of my life".  I have a debilitating disease.  We aren't rich as far as money goes.  There are struggles within relationships within my family.  My calendar nor my checkbook belong to me.  

Things that matter to the world don't matter to me.  Plain and simple.  The Lord knows my MS.  Whenever it is time to kick in I will have His strength to fight it.  Money isn't everything and a lot of times just causes more headaches for people.  Relationships will heal when people surrender to the Lord and listen to His guidance.  The Lord is the only one we should please.  Not people.  When He asks something of us, we should be ready with our time and our money.

Romans 8:18-30...
18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. 22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. 26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.


No matter what I go through on this earth my faithfulness to the Lord is what matters.  He will bless me through the suffering that I endure.  His strength is always there for me.  Verse twenty-six means so much to me.   In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.  I definitely don't always know what is best but I know the Holy Spirit will guide and direct me in the right way.  Verse twenty-eight is a promise I hold onto each and every day.  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  I praise His Holy Name for this promise!


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning.  I praise Your Holy Name for loving me enough to die on the cross for me.  I thank You, Father, for blessing me in abundance as I go throughout my days.  Lord, I do believe these are the "Best Days" of my life because I know I am living in Your Presence.  Father, continue to enable me to do Your Will.  I pray for a renewing in my spirit when it wavers.  I pray for more of You and less of me to show through.  I pray for all areas of my life to be totally committed to you.  Not only my MS, calendar and checkbook but also relationships within my family.  Lord, thank You for calling me into a life of total surrender to You.  Thank You Jesus for being My Controller.  Amen.



No comments: