Monday, May 5, 2014

Psalm 46:10 - My Sacred Source

What a privilege I had this morning as I took part in the Blessing of Hands for Nurses at Mercy.  I was blessed as I blessed.  This is a picture of the table in the front of the room with the beautiful, fragrant lilacs along with the oil and the bell.  


I loved how the senses were brought out during this time…

Sight…seeing this beautiful presentation
Hearing…having the bell rung three times at the opening
Touch…having the oil put on their hands
Smell…the scent of the oil and of the lilacs

The prayers before the actual blessing were instrumental in getting all to praise the Lord as our Sacred Source.  I loved how Sister Diane worked the core values of Mercy into the prayers.  Compassion…Excellence…Human Dignity…Justice…Sacredness of Life…Service.  

As I blessed the nurses, I was moved as one began to have tears flow.  I paused so I didn't cry myself.  It was during that time the Lord spoke to me and gave me some different words to  bless her with.  I thought afterward just how much we can hear His Voice when we pause and listen.  

In between the times of blessing I did some visits.  As I was praying with one, I paused and the Lord spoke to me.  He told me to pray for the lost in this one's family so I did.  My first thought was that it wasn't a typical thing to pray for one in the hospital but I try to always listen to the Lord.  When my prayer was complete, I looked into his eyes and there were tears.  He said, "I pray every day for unsaved family members.  Thank you."  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus for not only speaking to me but making sure I was obedient to Your Holy Spirit.  

Another one I prayed with is anxious that her cancer has returned.  I prayed Psalm 46:10 over her…Be still and know that I am God.  She seemed to be more peaceful after my time with her.  I am so grateful she knows the Lord's strength to lean upon.  As I was later talking with Sister Diane she shared with me that this scripture was in her morning prayer time.  She also shared with me how at a retreat they broke it up each day.  I want to not only do more study on this particular verse but also want to do the same with other verses.

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am…
Be still and know...
Be still…
Be…

Dear Jesus,
As I think about You being My Sacred Source, I get a word picture of something being plugged into a source of power.  You most definitely fill me when I am plugged into You.  It is only through Your empowerment that I am doing what I do today.  Thank You for blessing me as I blessed others.  Thank You for giving me new insight to a way of studying Your Word.  Father, You are so awesome in the ways You shower us with Your love!  Thank You Jesus for being My Sacred Source!  Amen.

No comments: