Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Galatians 5:1 - "King of Glory"

4:30 AM….eyes popped open and the Lord says, "Pray for Tyler."  So I started praying for this young man who I am not even sure if I've met him before but I know his family.  He is finishing up the Teen Challenge Program and needs prayer for where to go from here.  The last I heard he didn't want to return to his hometown, which is probably the best decision he could ever make.  I've seen so many people come back to Willard after going through a rehab only to fall right back into the addiction they were battling.

This morning I prayed for…

…mental, emotional and physical strength for him but most importantly for spiritual strength
…a continual leaning upon the Lord for His wisdom
…his family as they continue to support him

I then started singing Third Day's song "King of Glory"… I pray Tyler will know the Lord is his "King of Glory" and will be there for him to get through the tough days ahead.  I also pray for others I know who are battling addiction.  So many people…so many addictions…so much of the enemy having control over lives.  We all have struggles and the enemy knows our weaknesses.  We need to adhere to Galatians 5:1 and look to the Lord for freedom.  

For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

Addiction is a form of slavery that can only be broken through total surrender to the Lord.  His strength is the only thing to get us through tough stuff.  I've never been addicted to drugs or alcohol so I don't know exactly how people feel but I have dealt with other addictions.  I know the only way to overcome them is to totally surrender to the Lord.

Dear Jesus,
I pray for Tyler to have Your Strength and Your Wisdom in the days ahead.  Lord, bless him mightily.  Father, I pray for his family to draw closer to you as they support him.  Thank You Jesus for this opportunity to pray for this one I don't even know.  I praise You for being The One I Am Surrendered To.  Amen.


No comments: