Friday, May 16, 2014

Philippians 4:13; II Timothy 1:7 - "Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)"

I am so blessed by the way the Lord goes before me, knowing what I will need in the days ahead...

The vacation in March when it wasn't our normal vacationing time.  
The picture from Paul, Lizzy and Bella for Christmas that hangs right outside our bedroom door.  Each time I walk past it I am reminded "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  (Philippians 4:13)  
The texts from people out of the blue telling me they are praying for me just at the time that I need encouraged.  
The encouragement cards that come in the mail when life is tough.  

I am so blessed in my relationship with the Lord.  I can't even imagine how people get through life without Him.  The peace that He gives is beyond measure.  When life becomes overwhelming, He is there as My Rock.

This morning I am singing Chris Tomlin's "Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)" and knowing the lyrics are exactly how I feel.  What a blessing to know "The God of angel armies is always by my side."  The chorus goes:

I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a Friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

When I believe and stand on these words, I am knocking the enemy down from placing fear in my life.  When I say II Timothy 1:7 "God did not give me a spirit that makes me afraid but instead gave me a spirit of power, love and self-control", I knock the enemy down.  He doesn't like when we claim the words of the Lord.  

Verse 1:
You hear me when I call
You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night
It cannot hide the light
Whom shall I fear?
Verse 2:
You crush the enemy
Underneath my feet
You are my Sword and Shield
Though troubles linger still
Whom shall I fear?

I have nothing to fear because I believe the Lord is all I need.  He is there at all times for me and His strength is perfect.  Sometimes I need an added dose of physical strength. Sometimes it's that I need more emotional or mental strength.  There are times my spiritual tank needs a fill-up.  He is there to fill me no matter what aspect of my life needs filled up.  Woo hoo!  I am not in this alone.  Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these reminders this morning.  Thank You for bringing this song to my heart today.  Father, I refuse to allow fear to creep into my being.  If I even allow one itsy-little bit come in, the enemy will get a foothold.  I praise You, Father, for giving me the insight to know this.  I praise You for giving me exactly what I need each and every moment of my day.  Thank You Jesus for being My "God of Angel Armies"…Amen.


No comments: