Thursday, May 22, 2014

Galatians 2:20 - Dying to Self



    "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live  in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."(Galatians 2:20)

Self....if we don't die out to it daily we will be miserable and everyone around us will be too.  The Apostle Paul tells us that in order to live a holy life we must die to self.  I'm thankful for sanctification and for being in a church that preaches/teaches it.

But how do we handle living with others who don't practice it?  The answer should be easy...we allow  The Lord to work on them.  It's just like when we see someone who isn't saved.  We can't save them.  Only The Lord can.  But we do need to pray for them and plant seeds with them whenever possible.

As I deal with a difficult person, I am reminded of something I remember telling my boys when they were growing up.  You don't have to like people that are ugly but you do have to love them with Jesus' love.  I'm also reminded of the saying, "Hurting people, hurt people."  When ugliness shows through in a person, it's because they are hurting themselves.  It still doesn't make sense how people can blatantly hurt those who they supposably love but once again I am not suppose to understand everything.  If The Lord chooses for me to understand, He will give me the understanding.

Dear Jesus,
As I begin another day, I pray for more of You and less of me to come through.  I pray for Your understanding to flow through me.  I ask for Your words to be on my lips and Your attitude to be in my heart.  Lord, I want to be sanctified through and through in a mighty way.  The desire of my heart is for people to see You in and through me.  Lord, bless me in abundance today with physical strength, mental strength, emotional strength and most importantly spiritual strength.  I am emptying myself and asking You to fill me to overflowing.  Thank You Jesus for being My Sanctifier!  Amen

No comments: