Monday, May 12, 2014

My Victory - "Alive In Us"

Yesterday was one of those mornings where I truly didn't think I could go.  It took all I had to just get one foot in front of the other.  Had it not been a Sunday it would have been a couch/bed morning.  So much to do…no physical, mental or emotional strength to do anything.  I knew I needed to pray yet I didn't even know where to begin in my prayers.  So what is a girl to do in such a circumstance?  Well, of course, ask others to pray.  I sent a text to a sister in Christ asking for prayer.  Within minutes I had a text from another sister in Christ telling me she was praying for Doc and I.  I thought, "Wow, God.  You are so faithful to me."

I will admit I was glad for the morning to be over.  Not only would all of the craziness of people being sick and not being at church to do their ministry, computers not working, sound equipment acting up and the list could go on and on but I would be able to go home and crash on the couch.  We were blessed with friends for lunch and then as they were leaving some family came to visit.  Throughout the afternoon I was at peace and I know it was because of the prayers of people who believe in the power of prayer.

The Lord's Word tells us in Galatians 6:2, Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.  I am so grateful for all of my brothers and sisters who are praying for us not only during this time of transition in our home but for our ministry.  I am blessed to know that people are praying for us in a way that we are protected from things we don't even know about.  Prayer warriors are doing the work of the Lord as they pray.  There are so many hurting people in my little world…so many prayers I send up for people to be saved before they spend eternity in hell. 

The Lord Himself said in Luke 11:28, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”  We, as Christians, are blessed with having His Word to read….to soak in…to follow.  The Bible isn't just a book to be read one day a week or whenever we feel the need.  It comes to life as we read it.  We can learn something from it each and every time we pick it up.

I had the opportunity to sing with our praise team yesterday and was blessed by the words of the song "Alive In Us."  "The enemy is under Your feet; We are free; We are free…"  Woo hoo!  YES!  We have freedom through the Lord.  We have the power to stomp the enemy down when he comes knocking at our door.  We a blessed people because of the love of God.  The chorus says it all

You rose from death to victory
You reign in life
Oh majesty
Your name be high and lifted up
Jesus, Jesus alive in us
Jesus, Jesus alive in us

It is only through the love of Jesus that we are here today.  When He died on the cross, our sins were forgiven.  When He rose from the grave, it gave us victory.  When He lives in and through us, we are empowered to have victory over the enemy and also empowered to hear His voice.  Not only can we hear His voice but we can listen to what He says when we are in tune with Him.  It all goes back to living for Him 24/7.  We can't make any decisions unless they are of Him if we want to live in His Presence.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for reminding me yesterday of the support I have from my Christian sisters and brothers.  Thank You for giving me what I needed to not only get through the day yesterday but to enjoy it.  Father, I want to be blessed as in Luke 11:28.  I want to adhere to Galatians 6:2 in a way that people will know when I say I am praying for them, I truly am.  Lord, I don't' know what You have planned for me today but I sure do hope it is full of blessings and opportunities to be You to others.  Thank You for being My Victory!  Amen.


No comments: