Saturday, May 24, 2014

Matthew 25:21; Revelation 3:16 - Holiness

Sanctification…total surrender…living a life of holiness…these words had been so heavy on my heart these last couple of weeks.  It seems like there is such an urgency in them.  I do believe our time on this earth is drawing nearer.  That's exciting for those who know and live for the Lord but it's sad for those who don't.  Which is worse?  Not being a believer or being a believer who hasn't totally surrendered to the Lord?  I'm glad I don't have to worry about that question.  I'm blessed in knowing I will hear the Lord say to me, 'Well done, good and faithful servant!  You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'  (Matthew 25:21)

This morning I am praying for so many people who are believers yet are living one foot in the world and one foot with the Lord.  I'm not being judgmental.  Things can be observed that make it be known.  The craziness instead of peace that comes along with total surrender is so very real in their lives.  The unhappiness that flows from them instead of joy is another key of just how miserable they really are.  But in order to have His joy and His peace they first must totally surrender and that is something many don't want to do.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for burning holiness into my mind and heart.  Lord, I'm praying for those who are living half in the world and half for You.  I pray their eyes will be opened before it's too late for them to live with You in eternity.  I think of the Church of Laodicea in Revelation 3:16.  (So, because you are lukewarm---neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.)  I pray people will stop being lukewarm in their relationship with You and realize eternity is worth so much more than their checkbook…their calendar…anything of this world.  Father, thank You for being My Holiness.  Amen.

No comments: