Friday, May 2, 2014

Isaiah 46:4 - I Am He


When I saw this picture, a great sense of peace came over me.  The Lord has sustained me over these last twenty years with the MS.  He has carried me through many valleys throughout my lifetime.  He has rescued me from things that would hurt me.  "I am He" is enough to get through anything that comes my way.  

I remember within the last couple of weeks saying "change is good" and didn't realize just how much those words would mean to me.  Life is changing but I am so thankful I am able to be here for my Momma.  I am also thankful for my husband who has voiced to her that he will care for her too.  

The forty-sixth chapter of Isaiah enforces the fact that the Lord is here for all believers.  He not only made us but He also sustains us, carries us, and rescues us.  He is greater than anything that the enemy puts before us.  When we allow Him full control of our life, He is there in a mighty way.  He is the One who will carry us into eternity.

Matthew Henry writes: "
The heathen insulted the Jews, as if their idols Bel and Nebo were too hard for Jehovah. But their worshippers cannot help them; both the idols and the idolaters are gone into captivity. Let not God's people be afraid of either. Those things from which ungodly men expect safety and happiness, will be found unable to save them from death and hell. The true God will never fail his worshippers. The history of the life of every believer is a kind of abstract of the history of Israel. Our spiritual life is upheld by his grace, as constantly as our natural life by his providence. And God will never leave them. The Author will be the Finisher of their well-being, when, by decays, they need help as much as in infancy. This promise to Israel, enfeebled and grown old as a nation, is applicable to every aged follower of Christ. When compassed about with infirmities, and perhaps those around begin to grow weary of you, yet I am He that I have promised to be, He that you would have me to be. I will bear you up; carry you on in your way, and carry you home at last. If we learn to trust in and love him, we need not be anxious about our remaining days or years; he will still provide for us and watch over us, both as the creatures of his power, and as new-created by his Spirit."

"If we learn to trust in and love him…"  Those words give me peace.  I am so thankful that I have the knowledge to trust and love Him.   I am also thankful I am living in His Presence.  Living in a manner in which He is the One who is in control of my entire being is the best way to live.  I find it interesting that in the fourth verse it tells us not once but twice that the Lord will sustain us.  Too many times people get weary from the valleys of life and they give up and allow the enemy to win.  We must allow the Lord to sustain us throughout all of life.  The definition of sustain is:

  1. To keep in existence; maintain.
  2. To supply with necessities or nourishment; provide for.
  3. To support from below; keep from falling or sinking; prop.

The Lord will keep us "in existence" when we allow Him to.
The Lord will maintain us through the valleys of life when we allow Him to.
The Lord will nourish our souls through tough times when we allow Him to.
The Lord will support us and keep us from falling when we allow Him to.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for sustaining me throughout the valleys that come my way.  Thank You for carrying me when I felt like I didn't have the strength.  Thank You for giving me exactly what I need to function…physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.  Thank You Lord for being  My I Am He!  Amen.

No comments: