Monday, May 19, 2014

Matthew 16:21-28 - "Lord, I Need You"

Yesterday's corporate praise and worship was so awesome.  People were worshipping the Lord by singing, raising their hands, crying, shouting, saying "Amen"…so many different ways.  It was strange in the fact we weren't in our normal mode of music with Adavee gone.  As I was thinking about it last night I wondered if it was that we, as human beings, need a change now and then.  Of course, we would probably never admit to liking change.  LOL  

I loved all the songs chosen but really love singing "Lord, I Need You" by Matt Maher.  I love the reminder that this song gives me…

…I find rest when I bow before Him
…He is the One to guide me
…I need Him at all times
…His grace is there for me
…I have freedom in a life of total surrender

I praise His Holy Name for these reminders.   I also praise His Holy Name for loving me in such a way that I have peace.  "Lord, I Need You" are the words upon my lips today.  I need to draw closer to the Lord in order to know where my feet will take me today.  I need more of Him in order to have His words flow from my lips.  I need to live in total surrender each and every day so that I can live in His Presence.  Woo hoo!  That's where I want to be…in His Presence.  No matter where He leads, I will follow.  No matter what He asks of me, I will do. 

In order to see Jesus when I leave this earth, I must follow Him.  Not only must I follow Him but I must be willing to step out of my comfort zone to be Him to others.  When He was talking about His own death in Matthew 16:21-28, He told His disciples that if they truly wanted to follow Him they first must get rid of self.  We must die daily to self in order to be a Christ follower.  Unfortunately, there are so many believers who don't have the desire to do this.  Many want to go to church on Sunday morning and be done.  Or they want to pick and choose what they want to do of what the Lord asks of them.  I'm sad for them.  They are missing so much freedom when they don't live a totally surrendered life for Him.  I don't have to worry about what will happen in the days ahead or what the Lord will ask of me because I have freedom in knowing He is in control.  I don't have to wonder if I will see Jesus when I leave this earth because I know I live a surrendered life.

21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. 22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!” 23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.” 24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done. 28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for corporate worship yesterday.  Thank You for the reminders of Your great love that I saw yesterday.  Father, today is a new day.  I desire it to be a day filled with You.  I want more of You and less of self to show through me today.  Father, I am standing on the chorus to this song today.  "Lord, I need You, oh I need You; Every hour I need you; My one defense, my righteousness; Oh God, how I need You."  Thank You Jesus for being The One In Control of My Day.  Amen.


No comments: