Monday, March 3, 2014

I John 3:1a - "Hello, My Name Is"


When I read this verse, I was reminded of Matthew West's song "Hello, My Name Is."  The bridge goes:

What love the Father has lavished upon us
That we should be called His children
I am a child of the one true King
What love the Father has lavished upon us
That we should be called His children

Woo hoo!  That's so exciting to think about.  "I am a child of the one true King"….He lavishes His love on us…"That we should be called His children"… Wow!  That's exciting!  This winter has been a tough one for many people.  The colder weather has brought on higher heating bills.  The snowy Sundays have caused churches to have lower attendance and sometimes even to close.  People have been stuck inside day and day.  Many have become depressed.  

But this morning as I awoke to the temperature of 5 degrees I was reminded of this song.  Why?  Because I have much to be thankful for.  Because I need to share Him with others so more people can say "I am a child of the one true King."  I need to not allow the tough things of this life cause me to pull away from my Heavenly Daddy.  Instead I need to draw closer to Him.  I need to sing this song with the knowledge that He is the One I want to serve.  The second verse tells me He "…makes all things new…"  Praise God!  I am so grateful for the way He has worked in my life and for the way He will continue to work in my life.

I am no longer defined
By all the wreckage behind
The one who makes all things new
Has proven it's true
Just take a look at my life

Hello, my name is child of the one true King
I've been saved, I've been changed, and I have been set free
"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing
Hello, my name is child of the one true King

Dear Jesus:
Thank You for this reminder this morning.  I praise You for all You've done in my life and all You will continue to do.  Lord, I praise You for being the One I serve.  I praise You for being in control of all.  I praise You for peace You give in the midst of storms.  I praise You for the direction You give when my humanness wants to do something but then Your Spirit comes down upon me and speaks.  Yesterday in the teen Sunday School class we read about how Paul had freedom even though he was jailed in chains.  That freedom came through prayer and the Holy Spirit.  I am thankful for freedom from the chains of this life.  I no longer have the chain of worry over details because I know the Lord is in control.  What freedom I have found in a life of total surrender to You, Lord!  Thank You Jesus for being My One True King!  Amen.




No comments: