Saturday, March 8, 2014

Matthew 18:15-19; James 4:7-12 - Fighting the Lies of the Enemy

The Lord woke me up early today to pray for a situation I've been dealing with.  During my prayers he revealed to me that I am not dealing with a person who is lying about me but instead with the enemy who is feeding a person lies about me.  Wow…so how do I deal with this?  I am reminded of verses in Matthew 18…

15 “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church;and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.  18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.  19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

These scripture direct us on how to deal with problems with other brothers or sisters.  How do we deal with problems when the enemy is the one who is causing them?  My answer is found in James 4:7-12


Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.  11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

I know I need to:
  1. Submit to the Lord
  2. Resist the devil
  3. Draw nearer to God
  4. Do not allow the enemy any foothold in my life that will pull me into the lies that are being believed about me
  5. Do not allow the enemy to steal my joy
  6. Be humble before the Lord
  7. Do not allow the things said about me make me sin with my own words
  8. Do not judge others
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this revelation.  Not only do I thank You for the revelation but I also thank You for giving me clear direction on how to proceed from here.  Lord, You are so Mighty and I praise You for being greater than anything that comes our way.  I praise You, Father, for making me know I am Yours and I am loved.  Thank You for the Peace You have given me today.  I know I grumbled about getting up earlier than I needed to but I am thankful You pursued me!  Thank You Jesus for being My Answer.  Amen.

No comments: