Monday, March 17, 2014

Psalm 34 - Praise God!

After sleeping ten and a half hours last night I woke up with the first thought of "I can't do this."  Yesterday the day started out with snow pouring down even though it wasn't forecasted.  When we opened the garage door, we started grumbling because people would stay home again.  Doc was quick to remind me that we needed to praise Him even though it was snowing.  Then in my teen Sunday School class we discussed the verse about not grumbling and complaining.  Boy, did that hit home!  I told them about how Doc and I had started grumbling about the snow but then stopped and started praising the Lord.  I do believe that changed the way the service went yesterday.  In the service there came a time where you could feel a pull between the enemy and the Holy Spirit as we were praying over one.  The Holy Spirit won…woo hoo!  

After church I drove to see my Momma.  It was a tough day not only physically but also emotional.  Mom had a tough day yesterday and fainted twice while I was there.  She cried out to the Lord to just take her home with him and it broke my heart.  I was sitting there thinking about how I needed to leave in order to get home before dark but I hated leaving her.  I prayed for the Lord to give me wisdom.  The next thing I knew my brother was walking into her room.  Praise God!  I was so thankful for the answered prayer.  As I was walking out I started crying.  I cried out to the Lord myself, sent a text to a couple friends asking for prayer and called my hubby.  I was falling to pieces and yet I knew I had to drive home.  All of a sudden a great peace came down upon me.  Once again Praise God!  I asked Him to get me home safely and He did.  Once again Praise God!

Today was our day to celebrate birthdays with Miss Evelyn (6) and Miss Annabel (2).  When I got up, I knew I had to make lunch and get ready to go to their house.  I just didn't think I could do it.  I was exhausted.  When we started out, I told Doc that I put my bag in the car because I had some church things to discuss if I felt up to it.  He told me to rest so I could enjoy the kids so that's what I did.  What a fun time we had!

There is just nothing sweeter than hearing "Grandma Sheila" out of their mouths.  Papa Doc always seems to be the favorite of the grand babies but today Miss Annabel was loving on me.  They all loved the ham rolls and buttered noodles I made.  Then when I apologized for buying cupcakes because I didn't have time to make the cake I was planning on making Mr Beckett informed me "cupcakes are sooooo much better than cake!"  Woo hoo!  Those words made me feel better!  After we ate we played.  Miss Evelyn played "Mary Had A Little Lamb" on the piano for us and sang many songs for us with her karaoke machine we gave her for her birthday.  Miss Annabel took me into her room and showed me the butterflies and flowers on the wall.  When I said "Miss Annabel, that's the picture I made you when you were born" her response was "I know!"  Another thing that warmed my heart.  The Lord knew I needed my tank filled and the best way possible was with the grand babies.  

I took my four-legged buddy for a brisk walk when I got home.  Now it is the end of the afternoon. The dishes are piled high in the kitchen from this morning's cooking.  Doc and I still haven't discussed the church stuff.  Wash is still in process.  I am wiped out yet I am feeling so blessed.  The Lord continues to amaze me over and over again with the way He blesses me.  I went to Psalm 34 today…


Psalm 34

I will extol the Lord at all times;
    his praise will always be on my lips.
I will glory in the Lord;
    let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
    let us exalt his name together.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
    he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
    their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
    he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
    and he delivers them.
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
    blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Fear the Lord, you his holy people,
    for those who fear him lack nothing.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
    but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
11 Come, my children, listen to me;
    I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 Whoever of you loves life
    and desires to see many good days,
13 keep your tongue from evil
    and your lips from telling lies.
14 Turn from evil and do good;
    seek peace and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
    and his ears are attentive to their cry;
16 but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
    to blot out their name from the earth.
17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
    he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
    but the Lord delivers him from them all;
20 he protects all his bones,
    not one of them will be broken.


21 Evil will slay the wicked;
    the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
22 The Lord will rescue his servants;
    no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You, thank You, thank You for blessing me in so many ways.  Thank You for giving me exactly what I need to get through tough times.  You are so awesome!  I pray blessings upon each of my grand babies.  Miss Evelyn; Mr Beckett; Miss Bella; Miss Annabel; and Grand Baby #5 due in August.  I also pray blessings upon their Mommies and Daddies. Paul & Lizzy.  Ben & Emily.  Father, I also pray for my dear Momma.  Lord, she needs Your healing touch in a mighty way.  Thank You Jesus for being the One Who Blesses Me!  Amen








No comments: