Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Various Scripture - The Blessing of a Husband

Woo hoo!  What a blessing I have in my husband!  Today is his birthday and I want to make it the best possible for him.  It's hard on him when it comes to birthdays and holidays with both of his parents gone.  This winter has also been hard on him and now with a winter storm today school is cancelled which means church is cancelled so that isn't going to help his day any.  I am praying extra prayers for him today.  

The Lord truly blesses me each and every day with Doc.  I am so thankful for the way He is the leader of our home.  I am also thankful to have him not only as my husband but as my pastor.  It's funny but there are times where I tell him, "I need you to take your pastor hat off and put on your husband hat" or vice versa.  

Holy man of the Lord
Us, as a couple, is a priority in his life
Sharing him can be hard on me but he makes me always know he loves me
Blesses not only me but all he comes in contact with
Always willing to listen to me and help me think things through
No is never his answer when it comes to what the Lord asks of us
Difficult days make his faith grow deeper

I have a copy of "Praying for Your Husband from Head to Toe" that I like to take out and do.  I was reminded this morning that I haven't been doing this enough.  This morning I am praying for Doc from the tip of his head to the tip of his toes...

Praying for Your Husband from Head to Toe
One of your most important duties as a wife is to pray for your husband. Make praying for him one of your daily priorities. Here are some ideas for praying for him from, head to toe.
Pray for his mind, that he will have the rich experience of knowing Christ with real certainty and clear understanding.(Col. 2:2-3)
That he will take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. (II Cor. 10:5)
Pray for his eyes that he may see life from God's perspective and be on the alert for spiritual danger. (2 Kings 6:17, (I Cor. 16:13).
Pray for his ears that he will hear God's voice giving him wisdom and direction. (Deut.4:36, Psalm 78:1).
Pray for his nose that his life will be refreshing to others, and a life-giving perfume. (II Cor. 2:15).
Pray for his mouth that he will have great boldness in witnessing for God and that the words of his mouth and the meditation of his heart will be acceptable to God. (Acts 4:29).
Pray for his bones, that he will be healthy like a watered garden. (Isa. 58:11).
Pray for his heart that he will be filled with God alone And that God will Create in him a clean heart filled with pure thoughts and right desires. (James 4:8). 
Pray that he will trust God with all his heart and not lean on his own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5).
Pray for his hands that he will pray with holy hands lifted to God, free from sin, anger, and resentment. (I Tim. 2:8).
Pray for his legs that he will walk by faith and not by sight. (II Cor. 5:7)
And for his feet that God will keep him from discouragement and set his feet on a firm path. (Psalm 40:2)

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessing of my godly husband.  I pray You will continue to richly bless him.  Lord, I pray for a healing within his physical body with the kidney stone issues.  I also pray for a renewing of his mind and spirit.  Father, thank You for his love for You.  Thank You for his obedience to You.  Bless his day in a mighty way.  Thank You for being My Provider Through Him.  Amen.


No comments: