Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ephesians 3:14-21 - "Hello, My Name Is"

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

I read this verses from Ephesians after having someone say to me, "I don't feel worthy."   There are times, I myself, don't feel worthy.  But then the Lord reminds me that He loves me.  He loves me so much that He died for me.  I also came to the realization that when I say I don't feel worthy I am breaking the Lord's heart.  I was given the example one time of a parent who their parent who is dealing with a troubled child.  The child may refuse their hugs or other expressions of love because they feel like they don't deserve the parent's love.  If the child continues to refuse the parent, it would break the parent's heart.  That's how the Lord feels when we refuse Him to love us the way He do desires.  
The first step to allowing the Lord to love us is that we must love ourselves.  That is sometimes a very difficult thing to do.  Especially if we were put down over and over by someone we love.  Sometimes the words of a parent or spouse are enough to make us feel like we aren't worthy of love.  Sometimes it's because we didn't have a Father to show love to us so we can't grasp the whole concept of a Heavenly Father loving us.  Sometimes we feel unworthy because we've been abused.  Unworthiness can also come through rejection by our peers.  
No matter what the reason we must acknowledge it and work through it.  We have to come to the realization that God's love will never change.  He is always there to love us.  He is always there to take care of us.  He is always there to help us through tough times.  Feeling unworthy is a tough time to get through but it's not impossible when we seek the Lord for answers.  He loves us.  The desire of His heart is for us to see our worth in Him.  
I came across this prayer
My Beloved Daughter,
I love you with an unconditional, everlasting love so you can be free to love. My precious daughter, don’t allow those who have hurt you to keep you from experiencing the joy of loving others. I know giving a piece of your heart away involves risk, but I am here to heal your heart when someone hurts you. I want you to choose wisely whom you allow in your heart, and I also want you to give those you love the freedom to fail. Remember that no one else can love you as perfectly and completely as I do. Don’t look for a perfect love in people, or you will always find disappointment and heartache. If you allow your soul to settle into Mine and become one with Me, you will never doubt that I am forever and always devoted to you.
Your Prince Jesus, who can’t stop loving you

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that has brought me to where I am today.  I praise You for the day You made me realize I am loved by You.  I am thankful for the day I realized I do not fall unto the definition of unworthy in the dictionary.  I am sufficient in worth!  I am not lacking value or merit; worthless!  I am suiting or befitting!  Why?  Because You died for me.  Lord, enable me and others to grasp this concept.  We may not totally understand it but enable us to grasp it.  Thank You Jesus for being My Prince!  Amen.

Unworthy

dictionary.search.yahoo.com
adj. adjective
  1. Insufficient in worth; undeserving.
    a bad plan unworthy of our consideration.
  2. Lacking value or merit; worthless.
  3. Not suiting or befitting.




No comments: