Saturday, March 15, 2014

John 14:1-4; II Corinthians 5:1 - "I Will Rise"

This has been a week of deaths.  It's so hard to deal with the hurt on this earth.  In all four instances they were believers so that gives comfort.  The families know they will see their loved one again.  But to get through the tough days with the void in their lives is so hard. This morning I am praying for the families who have lost loved ones this week…

The family of the eleven year old who was accidentally shot.
The family of the young Mom who lost her battle with cancer.
The families of the two elderly men who went to be with Jesus.

I have no words to make things better but I do have my prayers for each one of these families.  I am praying the Lord's Strength to encompass them.  I am praying for family and friends to meet their needs.  I am praying against the enemy having a foothold in the families as they deal with their losses.  I am praying for God's Peace to come down upon them in a mighty way.

"Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going." John 14:1 - 4

Trusting in Jesus to get you through the tough stuff such as losing a loved one will enable you to draw closer to Him.  We may never understand why a loved one dies but we can be assured if they are a believer and we are a believer we will see them again.  We need to be joyful in the knowledge that our loved one is no longer suffering on this earth but instead is with the Lord in Paradise.  

"For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands" 2 Corinthians 5:1

Dear Jesus,
I pray for these ones who are hurting over the loss of a loved one.  I pray for Your Peace and Your Strength to come down upon them in a mighty way.  Lord, draw them closer to You.  I pray for any non-believer family members or friends to find You through these circumstances.  I praise You Father during these hard times for being Their Strength.  Amen.


No comments: