Tuesday, March 18, 2014

John 3:16 - "Love Came Down"

This morning started off kind of rough with "failing" the blood pressure test at the hospital.  URGH!  Thankfully after realizing several were failing it they changed to a manual one and I passed in order to do the respirator test.  But it still was up from my "normal" reading.  I have been allowing the stress of the calendar, people's health, and all there is to do take away the Lord's peace within me.  I feel so crabby and I sure don't want to feel like I do.  

On the way home from the hospital I started thinking about a song Miss Evelyn sang for us yesterday.  Kari Jobe's "Love Came Down"…

Love came down and rescued me
Love came down and set me free
I am Yours
Lord I'm forever Yours
Mountains high or valley low
I sing out and remind my soul
I am Yours
I am forever Yours

I needed this reminder this morning.  I need to apologize to my husband for my shortness and I need to ask the Lord to bless me in abundance to not just get through these next 48 hours but to give me His Peace in them.  

If my heart is overwhelmed
And I cannot hear Your voice
I hold on to what is true
Though I cannot see

When I am overwhelmed, I can't hear Him.  That is a place I definitely don't want to be.

If the storms of life they come
And the road ahead gets steep
I will lift these hands in faith
I will believe

I must not allow "the storms of life" to diminish my faith but instead must draw closer to the Lord.

Staying desperate for You, God
Staying humble at Your feet
I will lift these hands in praise
I will believe

If I don't hold onto Him in the good and bad times, then His death was for nothing.  He died for me.  Wow…what an amazing thing to think about.  He died for me.  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whoever believes in Him such not perish but have eternal life.  Wow!  God loved me enough to have His Son die for me.  The belief of this verse is enough to smack me up the side of the head and make me realize His love covers all of the "junk" of this world for me.  His love covers the craziness of our schedule.  His love covers everything that has to be done.  His love covers the health of my love ones.  His love covers relationship issues.  His love covers ALL when we allow it too.

Dear Jesus,
I am so blessed in the way You brought me to my senses this morning.  Father, I am so sorry for the way I was allowing life to get between You and I.  Lord, You know what is on my list but I also know that I only want to do what You desire of me.  If the list has things that aren't important, I ask for wisdom.  If You have opportunities for me, I ask for open eyes to see them.  Father, thank You for Your Son who died for me.  Thank You for being My Savior.  Amen.


No comments: