Friday, February 28, 2014

Psalm 107:2a - "Redeemed"

I woke up this morning singing Big Daddy Weave's "Redeemed" and feeling so blessed to be "Redeemed."  I remember the time when I couldn't grasp the concept of being "Redeemed."  I didn't feel like I was worthy.  In fact, I'm not but the Lord blesses me with redemption anyway.  I looked up the definition of "Redeemed" and here's what I found…

re·deem

 [ri-deem] 
verb (used with object)
1.
to buy or pay off; clear by payment: to redeem a mortgage.
2.
to buy back, as after a tax sale or a mortgage foreclosure.
3.
to recover (something pledged or mortgaged) by payment orother satisfaction: to redeem a pawned watch.
4.
to exchange (bonds, trading stamps, etc.) for money or goods.
5.
to convert (paper money) into specie.

I am so blessed in knowing that when Jesus died on the cross, He died for all of us.  His death redeemed us so we can live.  That seems like such a deep concept to think about.  Yet it's plain and simple.  He died so we can live.  His death gives us freedom.  His act of worship gives us the empowerment to bless Him in our worship.  Not only does it empower us to bless Him in our worship but it also empowers us to stand up against the evil one.  The enemy brings up our past in order to try to trip us up in our present.  We don't have to be "Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past; Bound up in shackles of all my failures…"  Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
I am so blessed to be able to sing "I am redeemed, You set me free…"  I praise You, Father, for blessing me in such an awesome way that I may live.  Father, I pray You will guide my steps so that Your death will not be for naught.  I pray for You to flow through me.  Lord, more of You and less of me continues to be my prayer.  I pray I will do just as Psalm 107:2a says...
Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story.   Thank You Jesus for being My Redeemer!
Amen.



No comments: