Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Phil 4:13 - "You Are So Good To Me"

My first thought this morning when I woke up was "URGH…there is no way I can get everything done that needs done."  Then the Lord tapped me on the shoulder and said, "You are right.  You can't but I can."  Wow…just the words I needed to hear.  Then Third Day's song "You Are So Good To Me" came to my heart.


When I think about how He is always here for me, I get the Holy Spirit goosebumps.  He does "heal my broken heart"…He does "lead me to the truth"…He did die for me…He is "my Father in heaven"…He is "the Spirit inside me"…He is "my Jesus who loves me."  Woo hoo! It is so exciting to think about how much He loves me.  

I am thankful for the reminder that He is here to get me through this day.  He will guide my steps and enable me to accomplish what needs to be accomplished.  There is a key to it though.  I need to realize what I think needs accomplished and what He wants accomplished could possibly be two different things.  I need to stay in tune with Him so I don't get off on my own agenda. 

Another thing I must remember is that I am not alone.  Before I get on the phone and start dealing with the whole medication mess I need to pray for His peace and His resolution to the problem.  Before I write the letter regarding a doctor bill I need to pray for His words to flow from me.  Before I fall apart emotionally out of frustration I need to claim Philippians 4:13.  I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  Before I try to accomplish much more than humanly possible I need to ask the Lord to give me wisdom to prioritize the tasks before me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for reminding me today of how much You love me.  Thank You for always being here for me.  I love the part of the song that goes…"You are my strong melody, yeah; You are my dancing rhythm; You are my perfect rhyme; I will sing of You forever…"  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus for being all these things and more to me.  I praise You Father for being My Strength!  Amen.

No comments: