Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Matthew 5:15-16 - "Legacy"

Today is one of the most special days that I get so blessed each month…the day of prayer for my District Family.  I'm thankful for Facebook that allows me to know when to pray for people throughout the month.  What a blessing we have in today's time with technology.  I know there are downfalls to it too but I choose to see the positive with it.

So today as I pray, I am praying for…

  • each church
  • each pastor and parsonage family
  • pastor friends and spouses who are going through health problems
  • pastor friends and families who are going through the loss of family members
  • chaplains
  • General Church
  • missionaries
  • MVNU
  • district activities that surround the end-of-the-church-year
    • Specifically for Crystal who keeps everyone organized
      • I am praying against back issues for her.
  • District Assembly and Family Camp
    • Specifically for the ordinands, their spouses, and their families
My district family has been so supportive of us throughout our health issues and loss of loved ones.  I pray specifically for Pastor Steve and Thais as they lead our district.  I pray for wisdom and strength for them.  I pray for protection as they travel many miles ministering across our district.  

I am praying that every one on this list will have the desire in their heart to leave a lasting legacy in all who they minister to.  I heard "Legacy" this morning on KLOVE and was so encouraged to keep on keeping on even when I feel like I can't do it.  I was reminded that I can't do life but God can do life through me.  Woo hoo!

Matthew 5:15-16 reads:  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

We can all leave a legacy by letting our light shine for all to see.  People need to see we are different in the way we live our lives.  What a testimony for people to see us living by faith instead of fear.  When they see us loving even the unlovable, they see Jesus.  The simplest acts of kindness can turn people to the Lord.



Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this day being our District Day of Prayer.  Thank You for the privilege to pray for my District Family.  Lord, bless each and every one in abundance.  As I pray through the list of pastors/churches, You reveal to me specifics to pray for.  Father, touch the ones who are going through times.  Speak to them in a way they will hear You.  Draw them closer to You.  Thank You Jesus for being The Head of Our District!  Amen.



No comments: