Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I John 4:7-8 - My Help Comes From the Lord


When I saw this picture, my first thought was "How am I to love those who hurt me?"  It's one thing to be hurt but it's another to be hurt over and over by the same person/people.  How do I deal with that?  First of all, I can't unless I allow the Lord to work through me.  Secondly, I can't keep allowing it to happen.  A wise man (my hubby) shared with me about putting boundaries up so people can't hurt me.  That is something to pray about and seek the Lord's direction on.

A few years ago I gave this situation over to the Lord and prayed for healing and direction.  There was peace for awhile.  The hurt was brought on again but I handled it differently.  I prayed and was "ok" with it.  I don't understand why this time it hit me so hard.  I know the Lord loves all of us.  I know He directs our paths when we surrender to Him.  I also know the enemy is out to destroy relationships.  

I am claiming the authority given to me in Luke 10:19…
“Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”

I am claiming the promise given to me in Isaiah 54:17...
“No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from me,” says the Lord. 

I am claiming the power given to me in Acts 1:8
“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for reminding me that You are always here for me.  Thank You for the authority, promise and power you gave me as I deal with this situation.  I praise You for Your Words that encourage me.  Father, as I seek Your direction on how to deal with this situation I ask that You be very real to me.  Speak clearly so I will have no doubts as to what I need to do.  Father, remove the enemy from this situation.  I praise You Lord for being The One Who Loves Me.  Amen.






No comments: