Monday, March 10, 2014

Psalm 118:5-7 - My Spaciousness

A dear friend reminded me of Psalm 118:6-7 this morning.  As I was reading Psalm 118, I realized verse 5 needed added on with verses 6-7.

When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord;
    he brought me into a spacious place.

The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?
The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
    I look in triumph on my enemies.


Matthew Henry wrote about Psalm 118:

Whether the believer traces back his comfort to the everlasting goodness and mercy of God, or whether he looks forward to the blessing secured to him, he will find abundant cause for joy and praise. Every answer to our prayers is an evidence that the Lord is on our side; and then we need not fear what man can do unto us; we should conscientiously do our duty to all, and trust in him alone to accept and bless us. Let us seek to live to declare the works of God, and to encourage others to serve him and trust in him. Such were the triumphs of the Son of David, in the assurance that the good pleasure of the Lord should prosper in his hand.

Woo hoo!  Praise the Lord for the way He speaks through His Word!  I am so blessed in the revelation the Lord has given me about a situation I have been dealing with for several years.  I don't understand why I waited so long to receive it but I know everything has to be in the Lord's time.  "Every answer to our prayers is an evidence that the Lord is on our side; and then we need not fear what man can do unto us; we should conscientiously do our duty to all, and trust in him alone to accept us and bless us."  Woo hoo!  Yes, I am thanking Him for answering my prayers and I am trusting Him to bless me.  I am so grateful to be His Daughter!  

I looked up the meaning of the word "spacious" and this is what I found..


spa·cious 

[spey-shuhsadjective
1.
containing much spaceas a house, room, or vehicle; amplylarge.
2.
occupying much spacevast.
3.
of a great extent or area; broad; large; great: the spaciousprairies.
4.
broad in scope, range, inclusiveness, etc.: a spacious approach toa problem.


"He brought me into a spacious place…"  "vast…great extent…broad in scope…"  That's exciting to think about.  Where I am with the Lord is not just for a short time but the vastness of being with Him for eternity is awesome to think about!  I like that idea!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your revelation to me and for Your continued encouragement.  Thank You for people You speak through.  Lord, You are so awesome and I am so proud to be Your Daughter.  Father, I praise You for the "spacious place" You have brought me to that is this place on this earth and will be my eternal home in heaven.  Lord, I pray for more of You and less of me.  I pray You will speak clearly and enable me to not just hear but to listen to You.  Thank You Jesus for being My Spaciousness!  Amen.

2 comments:

sister in Christ said...

Thanks Shelia for sharing this JUST what I needed this Monday morning!! I so enjoy your blog

My Strength said...

I give God all the glory for what He lays on my heart. So thankful You were blessed. Love and prayers