Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Matthew 7:1-2 - "His Love Never Fails"

We may love the same God.  
We may worship the same God.  
We may look to the same God for guidance.
But He didn't make us with cookie cutters so our relationship is different with Him.

These are some things I woke up thinking about this morning.  Sometimes I catch myself wondering things such as "Why do bad things happen to good people?"  The Lord is quick to remind me that what I see as "bad" is not necessarily "bad" but rather is the means to draw people closer to Him.  When we are going through tough stuff, we have the choice of either seeking more of the Lord for His direction or going on our own strength and not choosing His ways.  

The thing we need to remember is that we are all different.  I am not going to handle a tough situation in the same way someone else will.  Matthew 7:1-2 tells me that it is not up to me to judge.  Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.  We need to be supportive when people ask our opinion but we do not need to be preachy to them or to judge them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for where You have put me in my relationship with You.  Thank You for giving me insight into the desires of Your heart for me.  Lord, I pray You will remind me if I become judgmental with people.  I pray You will give me Your words and Your demeanor as I love on people going through tough times.  Father, I also pray You will not only direct their path but also show them the good that can come from the bad.  Lord, You are so great and I pray for people to not blame You but rather to embrace You as they go through tough times.  I praise You, Father, for giving me Jesus Culture's "His Love Never Fails" this morning.  I love to wake up with a song in my heart!  I am claiming the last line of the song not only for myself but also for some going through tough times.  "You make all things work together for my good"  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Loves Me!  Amen.





No comments: