Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I Corinthians 15:52-57 - "I Know Who Holds My Hand"

I am so thankful I don't feel like I have to have the right answers to life's tough questions.  I praise the Lord for His peace in knowing being there is enough sometimes.  This morning as I reflect on the events of last night I am reminded of the old song, "I Know Who Holds My Hand."  Skies turned not only grey but went black for a family last night.  I am praying they will rely on the Lord's strength to get through these tough days.  I am also praying for those who were there to seek the Lord and not blame Him.  I am praying for peace and comfort for them.  I pray for good to come out of this tragic situation.  I pray all involved will get to the point of being able to agree with these words….

There are things about tomorrow
That I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand. 


We may never understand why a loved one dies until we get to heaven.  But we do have a choice to make on how the rest of our days on this earth are spent.  The choice is to live in anger and bitterness or to seek the Lord and live in His peace.  

I Corinthians 15:52-57

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed - in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."

" O Death, where is your sting?

O Hades, where is your victory?"
The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

"…in the twinkling of an eye…"  Yes, sometimes that's how fast the loss of a loved one happens when they leave this earth.  When we are believers, we know our loved one is with the Lord and that gives us hope.  But it also causes a great void in our lives.  Life will never be the same from that moment on.  We question "why"…we wonder how we will go on and there are times we don't want to continue.  But we must allow the Lord to heal us and give us His Comfort and His Peace.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me peace in the events from yesterday.  I praise You, Lord, for Your love.  I pray for all involved in this death to find the same peace.  Lord, Your strength is perfect and for that I'm grateful.  Thank You Lord for being My Tomorrow.  Amen.

No comments: