Monday, February 3, 2014

Proverbs 16:3 - 40 Day Challenge

Yesterday as I heard the forty day challenge Doc gave us to read our Bibles and pray every day I thought, "I already do that."  Then the Lord spoke to me.  He said, "Daughter, you keep telling me you want more of me and less of you.  The way to be successful in that endeavor is to go deeper."  Alrighty then…how do I go about that?  Does it mean more time in His Word and/or in prayer?  Does it mean finding a specific study to do?  

It's funny how the Lord chooses to speak only at certain times.  He didn't answer these questions but I feel pretty confident I know why.  It's because if He answered my questions as soon as I asked them I wouldn't learn anything.  I wouldn't have to exercise patience as I waited.  I wouldn't have to dig deeper into His Word seeking His answers.  I wouldn't have to be on my knees longer as I listened.  No, He knows exactly what I need and when I need it.  That to me gives such peace.  

As I think on these next forty days I don't want to make a "Sheila plan" on how things will turn out.  Instead I want to be open to what the Holy Spirit has in store for me.  If I plan things, then  I will get in the way.  I don't want to go back to having a "to do" list with my time with the Lord listed.  I want to continue to be open to whatever He has for me, whenever He wants to bless me with it.  

I look forward to the next step in my relationship with the Lord.  I will pray Proverbs 16:3 throughout the next forty days in a whole new light.  I am excited to see where He takes me.  I feel like a kid that has just been given some money and told to "go spend it on whatever you want."  Woo hoo!  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this challenge.  I praise Your Holy Name for the insight You have in store for me to take our relationship deeper.  I praise You, Father, for loving me...blessing me…for showing me favor.  You are so awesome.  Father, I've been dealing with some tough days physically that are affecting me emotionally and mentally.  I pray for either a healing in my back or for Your guidance in handling this pain in a better way than I am doing.  I thank You for reminding me that You are with me each and every day…the good ones and the tough ones.  I praise You for Sharon and Joan who prayed with and for me yesterday.  That encouraged my heart so much.  I am awe at how You spoke to me through the many distractions of the service yesterday.  You can do the impossible and for that I'm grateful.  I was also encouraged at staff meeting when we were talking about being more prepared as a teacher.  Thank You for those words to encourage me to give more of myself as I prepare my lessons.  Thank You Jesus for being My Excitement!  Amen.

No comments: