Monday, February 10, 2014

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust



Apprehension…a little bit of fear…frustration...dread…yes, I am feeling a bit of all of these emotions this morning.  After dealing with multiple phone calls last week between the doctor office and the medication company I just don't want to start off the day with another phone call.  But I know I have to.  When the lady told me Friday "There is nothing I can do.  Call back Monday" I just wanted to scream.  I had to remind myself the Lord is in control.  I have to trust Him with the outcome of this phone call.  

I am praying specifically for my disposition throughout this process to stay calm and not crabby.  I'm also praying for the Lord's favor in the outcome.  Thirdly, if the answer is "no" then I am praying for wisdom on what to do from here.  I am trusting the Lord to answer each one of these prayers.  

Proverbs 3:5-6…Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.

YES!  Woo hoo!  Trust is the key.  

Trust Him with my whole heart
Rely on Him
Understand that I am not in this situation (or any other situation) on my own strength
Surrender my own understanding to Him
Take on His disposition throughout the situation

Dear Jesus,
I am claiming Proverbs 3:5-6 for this situation this morning.  I will trust You, Lord, as You direct my words.  I pray for You to have control over my disposition.  Lord, I know it may be asking a lot but would You please keep my emotions in check so I don't fall apart on the phone?  Father, I praise You for all that You've already done throughout this situation and I praise You for the way You will work through it today.  Thank You Jesus for being The One I Trust.  Amen.

No comments: