Sunday, February 9, 2014

Revelation 3: 14-22 - Lukewarm

I am so thankful the Lord gives me the energy to get through the day after He has me praying a large portion of the night.  It was really strange last night when I was praying.  Anytime I would start to pray for individuals in our church He would say, "No, Daughter.  Pray for the body."  He didn't give clear direction on what to pray but as I allowed His Spirit to direct my prayers I prayed for…

…people to not only come to church today but to have a desire in their heart for more of Him.
…people to throw away preconceived notions of who He is.
…people to not just hear but to listen.
…people to not allow the events of their week to overpower His filling for them.
…people to come expecting.
…people to be open to what His Spirit wanted to do through them today.
…people to be ready to say "yes" to His prompting.

I am so excited for the service this morning.  If we all are ready for Him, He will come in a big way.  Woo hoo!  Our church will be on fire when His Spirit is allowed to have free reign.  That's an exciting thing to think about!  I don't want to be a part of a lukewarm church such as in Revelation 3.  

To the Church in Laodicea

14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. 21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”


There are so many people seeking for more of the Lord but for one reason or another they won't take the final step of allowing Him to have free reign of their life.  I believe some are afraid of the unknown but they must allow their faith to grow to the point of trusting Him fully.  There are others who are still in the learning process of what He's all about.  It's exciting to watch a new Christian as they learn.  But when I think about it I think it's even more exciting to see someone who has been a Christian for years to finally surrender totally.  I see some who have surrendered their checkbook but not their datebook.  While others who have surrendered their datebook but not their families.  It has to be all or nothing.  We can't surrender part and think God is going to be OK with it.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You in advance for the strength You will provide for me today.  I pray a blessing over my prayers that I sent up last night.  Lord, prepare the hearts of the people to accept You in a new way today.  I pray for Doc's words to be Your Words.  I pray as he goes in the pulpit this morning You will fill Him with more of Your Spirit than ever has been in his preaching before.  I pray for Your anointing to be upon him in a mighty way.  Thank You Jesus for being My Victory!  Amen.

No comments: