Thursday, February 20, 2014

Col 1:10 and 3:23; Romans 12:1 - "Heart of Worship"

Worship As A Way Of Life
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23
  • "Whatever you do…"  That is key…it tells us that everything, not just part of what we do, needs to be done for the Lord.


And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10
  • "…please him in every way…"  When we live a life of worship, we strive to please Him in all we do.  That is a true meaning of worship.


Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God–this is your spiritual act of worship. Romans 12:1
  • Spiritual act of worship….what does that mean?  It means we are always giving God all of ourselves…24/7…no holding back.

Worship is not just singing praise songs on Sunday morning.  It is a 24/7 way of life.  It is giving ALL of ourselves to the Lord.  It means thinking about Him at all timesasking Him for His direction before we make any decisionsgiving not only our checkbook and calendar to Him but giving all of our being to Him.  He has to be our top priority in order to truly worship Him.

I use to think I knew how to worship Him and then a few years ago when I went through my first Encounter I realized there was a whole other level of worship that I had been missing.  I am so thankful for the revelation of true worship.  I am so grateful for the closeness I have found in the Lord as I live a 24/7 life style with Him.  It is so awesome to know He is in control of all of my being.

Matt Redman gives the 10 different kinds of worshipers we should be in his book The Unquenchable Worshiper:  The desire of my heart is to be all of these.
  • Unquenchable Worshiper – Can’t get enough of God
  • Undone Worshiper – We are unholy worshipers worshiping a Holy God
  • Undignified Worshiper – Not caring what others think, be willing to be undignified for God when needed
  • Unpredictable Worshiper – Not rituals but a relationship w/God (leave room for spontaneity)
  • Unveiled Worshiper – Being filled with God’s presence so others see God when they look at us
  • Unstoppable Worshiper – Not allowing circumstances to determine our attitude of worship
  • Unnoticed Worshiper – Humble, not prideful (doing things for God’s eyes not others)
  • Undivided Worshiper – Totally committed to God, not divided between God and our pleasure
  • Unsatisfied Worshiper – Never get enough of God (More we know, more we realize there is to know)
  • Unending Worshiper – Our worship does not end on this earth, it is eternal
Dear Jesus,
I thank You for bringing me into a deeper level in our relationship. I pray for more depth in the days ahead.  I praise You for being my Everything.  Lord, You are so awesome in the way You direct my steps.  I pray for more of You and less of me.  I praise You for being My 24/7!  Amen.


No comments: