Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Various Scriptures - The Lord is in control of the weather



It is amazing how hard this winter has been as far as the weather goes.  The snow continues to fall, it seems like every day.  We've had to cancel church one Sunday and had many with very low attendance.  A few Wednesday nights have been canceled.  It's been a trying time in the parsonage as some tough decisions have been made.  Last week when we received the $1285 gas bill for the church after having some low Sundays our first thought was, "How are we going to pay this one?"  We aren't going to…the Lord is.  No matter whether it is the church or in our personal lives we have to trust the Lord with all.  

We have to trust the Lord not only with our finances, family, calendar but also I'm learning to trust Him with the weather.  
Do I like all of these "bad" snowy days?  Not really.  
Can I change the weather?  Not really.  
Is spring going to get here any sooner with complaining about it?  Not really.

The Lord is in control of ALL.  Plain and simple.  He is not the least bit surprised by this Level 3 this morning.  I found this cool list of examples in the Bible where God controlled the weather and used it to direct people and nations….
I wonder what He is trying to teach us this winter.  I can think of a few lessons we can learn.  Perhaps there are some of us who...
  • ...need to be more giving with our resources to those who are less fortunate.
  • …need to learn how to trust in the Lord with more of our life.
  • …need to show neighborly love in a greater way by checking on the elderly, those who are sick, single Moms, etc.
  • …need to spend more time as a family instead of keeping up the hectic schedule we do.
  • …need to give God the glory through tough times instead of complaining.
I'm not sure what the lesson is for sure but I do know I need to learn how to enjoy each and every season I am in.  I need to find the beauty of His creation in the snow just as I do in the fall leaves.  I need to be thankful for those who do come out to church in the trying weather.  

The Lord is in control of this weather.
The Lord is in control of this weather.
The Lord is in control of this weather.

Yes, I will keep saying that and believing He has a plan.  I will not only believe He has a plan but I will also embrace that plan.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the beauty of Your creation.  I pray for those who have to be out in this weather to be safe on the roads and as warm as they can be.  I ask for Your protection to be on us against power outages.  Father, I pray for those who are shut-in to have people checking on them.  Today, as we are on a Level 3, I pray for families to spend quality time together.  Lord, thank You for being the One to Control My World.  Amen.

No comments: