Monday, February 17, 2014

Matthew 5:14-16 - Light of the World

6AM…bling…eyes fly open…I look at the clock and think, "Urgh, I don't have to be up this early!"  Then the Lord speaks and says, "Pray for the two who are awaiting surgery."   For the next forty-five minutes I prayed for them and their families.  I can't imagine what life would be like without having the Lord to depend upon.  As I was going into my facet block Friday I was quoting scripture and praying.  That gave me peace.  How can ones who don't have a relationship with the Lord have peace, especially in times such as surgery?  How can their family members who don't have relationship with the Lord wait on the outcome without going crazy with worry?  I don't believe they can and that makes me sad.  

Not only did I pray for the physical needs of these ladies this morning but I also prayed for the spiritual needs.  One is a believer but some of her family is not.  The other one is not a believer but thankfully she has family members who are.  I prayed especially hard for the ones who are believers in both of these situations.  I prayed for the Lord's Words to flow from them.  I asked the Lord to give them an abundance of Him in these days.  

Forty-five minutes later I fell back to sleep with a sense of accomplishment.  I knew I had done exactly as the Lord had asked of me.  I am so grateful for the way He uses me.  It amazes me how many calls/texts I had Saturday asking me to pray for different ones.  I was grateful for each of them not because I wanted to see anyone be in crisis but because it made me realize the Lord can use me even when I am physically down.  I love this picture…


Yes, I am the light of God wherever I am.  Even in my house when I can't function properly physically I am still His light.  I am so grateful for this reminder!  I am claiming Jesus' Words in Matthew 5:14-16.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. 

The desire of my heart is to shine brightly for the Lord.  I pray for people to find a relationship with Him through my words and actions.  He will be glorified through me and that is exciting! As I've been praying for many months, more of Him and less of me.  Woo hoo!  That will be the way for people to see His light shine through me.  It cannot be about me but rather has to be about Him.

Dear Jesus,
Once again I praise Your Holy Name for the way you use me.  I praise You, Lord, for loving me so much that You give me opportunities to be a beacon of light for You.  Father, once again I pray for these two who are awaiting surgery.  First and foremost, I pray for the spiritual needs of not only them but also their family members.  Secondly, I pray for You to be glorified through their situations.  Thank You Jesus for being My Light!  Amen.

No comments: