Sunday, February 16, 2014

Numbers 6:24-26 - The Lord is My Encourager


The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
25 
the Lord make his face shine upon you
    and be gracious to you;
26 
the Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
    and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26

Friday was my second facet block in the last two weeks.  While it was easier during the block it was not been any easier since.  I came home and went to bed to rest as instructed.  I don't know what causes it but I get so emotional after these things.  I get frustrated with myself because when my Daddy had these by evening he was up and functioning and seemed fine.  Doc reminded me we don't really know if he was fine or not since he didn't complain much.  He also reminded me with the MS my body may react differently.  In my mind that all makes sense but it isn't helping me to not be teary eyed.  

When I woke up Saturday, there was someone who needed me for emotional support.  I got dressed and went to them but was back in bed a couple hours later.  I was so encouraged by the card I received in the mail when we got home.  It had Numbers 6:24-26 on the front with "His fullest blessing is my prayer for you today" on the inside.  Also on the inside was a hand written note that read:  

Dear Sheila,
This is my prayer for you and Doc as you fight for and love others alongside Jesus.  Love ya friend.  Keep on marching knowing there are those holding up your arms in the battle.
Love In Christ, Lynn B.

Wow…isn't our Lord amazing?  He knew I would be struggling to function after the block.  He also knew I would be emotionally spent.  What does He do?  He prompts someone to send me a card even though she didn't know what was going on.  What an encouragement!

Saturday as I went to help someone I kept repeating Philippians 4:13 over and over.  I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  Yes!  I had His strength…physical and emotional to deal with the situation at hand.  After the fact knowing that someone was praying for me gave such comfort.

I tried to function this morning with going to church.  I actually did accomplish my tasks I was suppose to.  Afterward, we came home and I made lunch and then once again I layed back down.  

I have to keep pushing myself and not lay around too much or the MS will take over.  But of course, there's the fine line of resting as much as possible to give the medicine time to work and the functioning aspect of life to keep the MS behaving itself.  I know what I need to do is not fret but allow the Lord to work through the situation.  He is my Strength.  He is my Blessing.  He is my Peace.  

Dear Jesus,
I must admit I don't feel very much like saying "woo hoo" but I need to anyway in order to give You the glory You so deserve.  Thank You for my card that encouraged me so much.  I praise You Lord for being able to go to church today.  Lord, I was struggling with pain and also with this emotional junk…I pray I didn't offend anyone in anyway.  I pray people could still see You through me.  Lord, I pray for Your wisdom throughout this time as I rest.  Thank You Jesus for being My Encourager!  Amen.

No comments: