Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Isaiah 57:2 & Revelation 21:4 - "Goodbye is not forever..."

Not sure why it's been so great but this week it seems like every time I turn around something reminds me of my Daddy.  I sure do miss him.  I saw this picture today....


I praise the Lord for the knowledge that I will see my Daddy again.  I also praise the Lord for my husband who promised my Daddy he would take care of me.  It's kind of funny to think about.  I guess my Daddy thought I couldn't take care of myself.  Of course, with MS there is always the possibility of needing more care than normal.  We've been through some of those times and Doc passed the test!  He didn't run away but pushed through.  He reminds me of my Daddy in so many ways but especially in how he takes care of me.  I know my Momma misses my Daddy caring for her.  My heart breaks for her and I pray continually for the Lord to encourage her.  I pray for people to be put in her path to help her days to not be so lonely.

I am thankful my Daddy knew the Lord.  He is at peace as in Isaiah 57:2.

Isaiah 57:2 “Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.” (NIV)

I also am thankful for my future as I will see my earthly father again when my Heavenly Father calls me home.


Revelation 21:4 “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (NIV)

Dear Jesus,
Would you let my Daddy know I love him?  Would you tell him I miss him being here so much?  I especially miss his phone calls and hearing him say, "I love you, Sheila Babe."  Tomorrow is going to be hard without him here for my birthday.  Lord, would you please give me an extra dose of You to help me get through these tough days?  Thank You Jesus for being My Encourager.  Amen.

No comments: