Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mark 10:27 - Impossible vs. Possible

I was thinking about Mark 10:27 today....Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."  Those are some powerful words!  The impossible happened when Mary gave birth to Jesus as a virgin.  The impossible continues to happen in lives every day.  I'm sure there are some people who feel like they are in an impossible situation.  Actually, I know there are.  But as I told someone last night, "nothing is impossible with God."  When we look at things through the eyes of a human, they look impossible.  But when we look at our situation through the Lord's eyes, we can get a glimpse of the impossible becoming a possible.  He can heal bodies.  He can mend relationships.  He can take care of unemployment.  He can give peace where there is turmoil.  How?  Simple.  In His time, in His way.  First we must be in right relationship with Him in order to be able to hear His Voice.  Another aspect is listening.  We must allow Him to speak to us instead of us telling Him what we want or need.  Will He heal us?  Maybe, maybe not.  Will He mend relationships?  Maybe, maybe not.  But I do know His Will is much better than anything we could ever imagine or manipulate for ourselves.  His Will is perfect.  Does His Will come overnight or instantaneously?  Not necessarily but it will come in His perfect time.  I am praying today for several people who feel like they are in a hopeless situation.  First and for most I am praying they surrender totally to the Lord.  That is the only way He can work in and through us in His Perfect Will.  I pray for not just the people who come to my mind but also everyone involved in their situation.  It takes everyone involved in order for His Will to be accomplished.  

Dear Jesus,
You know the ones I'm praying for today.  You know their situation.  You know of the people they are dealing with as they go throughout their situation.  I pray for Your Perfect Peace to come down upon them in a mighty way.  Lord, I pray You will help them to realize what it will take from them to turn an impossibility into a possibility. Lord, open their hearts and their eyes up to Your Will.  Thank You Jesus for being My Will.  Amen.

No comments: