Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hebrews 13:15-16; Psalm 150 - "All I Can Do"

The Lord woke me up this morning with "All I Can Do" by Mikeschair.  I can never say "thank you" enough for all the Lord has done and continues to do in me.  There aren't words to even begin to explain how grateful I am for His love, His mercy and His grace.  What I need to do, as a Christian, is to show my gratefulness through my actions.  I need to live out Hebrews 13:15-16 where praise comes second nature to me.

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

The time I have on this earth is short.  I can either choose to spend it praising the Lord or I can choose to spend it praising myself.  I can either uplift His name or I can boast myself.  The more I praise Him, the less of me people will see.  I need to make sure I am living out Psalm 150.


Psalm 150

Praise the Lord.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
    praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
    praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with timbrel and dancing,
    praise him with the strings and pipe,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
    praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.


It doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing.  I need to have praises on my lips at all times.  We can always find something in every situation to praise the Lord for.  If nothing else, we can praise Him for waking up this morning.  The other day a friend asked for prayer for his wife who was very sick.  As I prayed, I thanked the Lord for her being sick on the weekend so he was home to care for the children.  My first thought as those words came out of me were, "Now that's a weird thing to praise the Lord for!"  But then I realized how tough life would have been for their family if it had been during the week.  Another instance where "weird" is a good way to live!  

God has given me opportunity to see people going through similar situations as I've recently been through.  I believe He is giving me these opportunities to enable my healing process to go down a smoother path.  I praise Him for that.  Some people might think it's weird for me to praise Him for such things.  I know it's all part of His Plan.  He didn't come to this earth and die just to save me.  He came to this earth and died for me so that I would live a life for Him.  In order to live the life He desires of me, I have to grow in Him.  In order for growth to occur, I have to live in His Presence and allow Him to have full control over every aspect of my life.  That includes my praises.

Dear Jesus,
I praise Your Holy Name for all You do for me and through me.  I praise You for opportunities to be You to others.  Lord, wherever You take me today I pray You will keep praises on my lips.  I pray whoever crosses my path today will see and hear You through me.  Lord, bless me in a mighty way.  Use me.  I pray for more of You to flow from me.  I praise You, Lord, because I can pray for such things.  I praise You, Father, for the gift of living in Your Presence.  Thank You Jesus for being My Praise Maker!  Amen.







I could write a love song
Tell You what I think You wanna hear
But it wouldn't be good enough, no
Yea I could try so hard
To give it everything I've got
But I'm not ever gonna measure up

[Chorus]
All I can do is thank You
For this life I never deserved
Wanna thank You for the grace
I know I don't have to earn
You love me, You love me
Your mercy is proof
All I can do is say thank You
All I can do is say thank You

It would have been easy
But I'm glad You never walked away
Cause Your love runs deep for me
And I see this beautiful world
And it brings tears in my eyes
And I think it's beautiful to be free

[Chorus]

(Thank You)
For hope, for love, for all the ways You move
(You)
For everything You do
(You)
What else can I say but thank You
Thank You

I could write a love song
Tell You what I think You wanna hear
But it wouldn't be good enough

[Chorus]

All I can do, all I can do, all I can do
Is say thank You
All I can do, all I can do, all I can do
Is say thank You

No comments: