Friday, July 26, 2013

Psalm 62:5 - Rest in me

Conversation with the Lord this morning....

Me:  Lord, I am tired....physically, mentally, emotionally....my whole being.

Lord:  Rest in me.

Me:  Lord, would You please fill me up?  Would you please restore things that need restored?  I can't even begin to tell You how much I appreciate the way You give me exactly what I need each and every day.  I praise You, Lord, for Your love, mercy and grace.

Lord:  Rest in me.

Me:  Father, You know my plans for the day but I pray You will enable me to see each and every opportunity You put before me.

Lord:  Rest in me.



Oh my goodness.  The Lord is only saying three little words back to me.  "Rest in me."  I do believe I know what He wants me to do!  I am reminded of Psalm 62:5, "My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him."  If I expect rest from Him, I will receive it.  First though, I have to stop then I will receive it.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this reminder.  Thank You that when I rest in You I am rejuvenated in my body and in my spirit.  Thank You for being My Rest!  Amen.

No comments: