Friday, July 12, 2013

Ephesians 2:19-22 - "Cornerstone"

I woke up this morning singing "Cornerstone" and was so blessed to be reminded that He is My Cornerstone, the Foundation I set my feet upon.  Woo hoo!  I love the remake of this old hymn.  I looked up the meaning of "cornerstone" and found this:  "A cornerstone (Greek: Άκρογωνιεîς, Latin: Primarii Lapidis) will sometimes be referred to as a "foundation-stone", and is symbolic of Christ, whom the Apostle Paul referred to as the "head of the corner" and is the "Chief Cornerstone of the Church" (Ephesians 2:20)." 

Ephesians 2:19-22 reads....

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.


I am excited in that I know He is the One I build my life upon.  He is the One I listen to.  He is the One I desire to please.  He is the One to lead and direct me.  Why?  Because He is My Cornerstone!  

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for the way You lead me.  I praise You for the way You speak to me.  I praise You for loving me in such ways that are beyond human comprehension.  You are so awesome, Lord.  Father direct my steps today.  Lead me down the path You so desire for me to take.  Amen.



My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly trust in Jesus name

Christ Alone
Cornerstone
Weak made strong
In the Savior's love
Through the storm
He is Lord
Lord of All

When darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil

Then He shall come with trumpets sound
Only then in Him will I be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless standing before the throne

No comments: