Monday, July 29, 2013

Isaiah 11:2; Jeremiah 29:11-13 - Praying for My Children and Grandchildren

Sometimes you think your prayers go unanswered while other times you can see the answers.  Yesterday was one of those times when there was no doubt my prayers were answered.  I remember when I was growing up I asked the Lord to let me grow up to be a Mommy with six kids.  I prayed for those six kids over and over again that they would be "good kids that loved the Lord."  Well, I didn't get six of them and I didn't get the "three boys and three girls" I thought I wanted but I did get kids that love the Lord.  As I watched Ben and Emily getting installed into their new church I thought about the prayers I have sent up for them.  When Ben was growing up, I prayed for him to have a wife that would be one to also love the Lord.  As Emily led worship, there was no doubt on where her heart is.  Before they began having children I prayed for my grand babies to be raised in a God-loving home where they would be taught how to love the Lord.  Yesterday seeing Miss Evelyn singing with the children was such a blessing.

To think that had I not listened to my heart and the Lord when Ben was in the womb Ben wouldn't even be here.  When I had my first ultra-sound, I was given the option to abort Ben.  I was told "something just isn't right with the fetus."  Of course, I don't believe in abortion so my answer was "no".  People all over the world prayed for the situation.  A month later I was told "it must have been a mistake because the fetus is fine."  It was no mistake, it was God's Hand that healed my little guy.  When Ben was born, he had a mark on his back.  The doctor said the mark was where he was going to have an open spine but it closed up.  I praise the Lord for His Healing Touch!  I can't remember if I shared with the doctor or not but I sure hope I did because I know the Lord healed him.  

Throughout the years I've wondered how many little ones get aborted before God is petitioned for a healing.  How many times are the doctors pushing for an abortion just to make the parents lives easier when in fact the Lord has a whole different plan?  How many "Ben's" are there in this world serving the Lord because of the power of prayer that healed their bodies?

Another time of healing for Ben was when he was in high school and diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis.  He believed, he prayed, and he was healed.  As I think on that healing I believe it was just one more part of the puzzle of his life.  The Lord knew his heart.  He knew Ben was answering the call to full-time ministry.  He also knew the rheumatoid arthritis would hinder him in the process.  Once again, I am thankful for the healing touch upon Ben.

As I have prayed even before the boys were born and continue to do so for them and their children I think of Isaiah 11:2...

2The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him,
  The spirit of wisdom and understanding,
  The spirit of counsel and strength,
  The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.


I am so grateful for the promise of Jeremiah 29:11-13...


“For I know the plans I have for you,”says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. You will find Me when you seek Me, if you look for Me in earnest” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessing of being at the installation service yesterday.  Thank You for the blessing of seeing Miss Evelyn singing with the children.  Thank You for hearing Miss Annabel say "Ganma" as she loved on me.  You are so awesome in the way You bless me.  Father, thank You for hearing and answering my prayers for my children and grandchildren.  I pray You will continue to bless each one of them.  Lead them Lord on the path You so desire of them.  Thank You Lord for being My Prayer Listener!  Amen.


No comments: