Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Various Scriptures of "I Am" - "The Great I Am"

I woke up this morning singing Philips, Craig & Dean's "The Great I Am" and began praising the Lord.  As the day continued He gave me different things to praise Him for including a financial blessing.  He amazes me the way He takes care of us.  As I think about how life could be so different if I were not living for Him, I think of others who are making wrong decisions.  People who are walking away from His Grace.  People who are choosing to not believe in Him.  People who have decided the ways of the world are better than His Ways.  My heart breaks for each and every one of these people.  If they would only call upon the Lord, their life would be so different.  I am pleading the name of Jesus over their lives today.  I am praying for "the Presence of the Great I Am" to over power them today.  

The Gospel of John gives us seven "I am's"....

  1. "I am the bread of life" (John 6:35,48,51).
  2. "I am the light of the world" (John 8:12).
  3. "I am the door of the sheep"(John 10:7,9).
  4. "I am the good shepherd" (John 10:11,14).
  5. "I am the resurrection, and the life" (John 11:25).
  6. "I am the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6).
  7. "I am the true vine" (John 15:1,5).

The Book of Revelation gives us seven "I am's"....

  1.  "I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death" (Revelation 1:18)
  2. "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending" (Revelation 1:8).
  3. "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last" (Revelation 1:11).
  4. "Fear not; I am the first and the last" (Revelation 1:17).
  5. "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end" (Revelation 21:6).
  6. "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Revelation 22:13).
  7. "I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star"(Revelation 22:16).

Woo hoo!  The Lord isn't just someone who came to this earth to be a great religious teacher many years ago.  He isn't someone who died for no reason.  He isn't just our Creator and Savior.  No.  He is our Eternal King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
You are the Almighty...You are the Great I Am....You are Worthy...You are the King of Majesty!  I praise You for all You have done for me today.  I thank You for this financial blessing.  I ask for You to be so real to those who are lost or stumbling on their path with You.  Open up hearts, Lord.  Open up eyes.  Be so real to them they have no choice but to fall on their knees and be in Your Presence.  Amen.






I want to be close, close to Your side
So Heaven is real and death is a lie
I want to hear voices of angels above 
Singing as one

CHORUS
Hallelujah, Holy, Holy
God Almighty, the Great I Am
who is worthy, none beside Thee
God Almighty, the Great I Am

I want to be near, near to Your heart
Loving the world and hating the dark
I want to see dry bones living again
Singing as one

CHORUS

The mountains shake before You
The demons run in fear
At the mention of the name 
King Of Majesty
There is no power in hell
or any who can stand
before the power and the 
Presence of the Great I Am

CHORUS

No comments: