Monday, July 1, 2013

Isaiah 55:8-9 - "Even If"

"Wow God!  Wow!"  Those are the words that come to my mind in how the Lord works.  I had the opportunity to be with a family that had to make some tough decisions.  The end is near on this earth for their loved one.  My first thought when I went into the situation was, "This is hitting too close to home."  The ages of the couple and how long they have been married were similar to my own parents.  But then I realized their circumstances are so different.  As I thought about my Daddy's death I was blessed in knowing he didn't have to be in the hospital (where he didn't want to be) but instead was at home in my Momma's arms (where he wanted to be).  And then it hit me, "Thank You Jesus for giving me this avenue to go down in my healing process."  Woo hoo!  The icing on the cake was getting into the car, turning on the radio, and hearing Kutless's "Even If"...woo hoo!!!!  Thank You Jesus!!!!

My Daddy's healing didn't occur on this earth but he is dancing with Jesus now.  Throughout the process of his death I held onto the Lord for His peace and I trusted in Him to get us through.  "Even if the healing doesn't come; And life falls apart; And dreams are still undone..."  Yes, that's what happened with my earthly Daddy.  He left this earth to take up residence with my Heavenly Daddy.  Woo hoo!  I am excited that he is no longer suffering with the diseases of his body.  Would my choice have been for him to leave us?  Yes and no.  Yes in the fact that his body was failing so greatly.  No in the fact that I miss him and I know my Momma misses him terribly.  But we have faith in our Heavenly Father to get us through the tough days.  I am so blessed in the revelation that came through this event and the way the Lord once again used a song to speak to me.  

"Lord we know Your ways are not our ways; So we set our faith in who You are; Even though You reign high above us; You tenderly love us; We know Your heart;  And we rest in who You are"  Yes, Father, I am resting in You.  I am praising Your Holy Name for caring for me enough to give me these situations to deal with that are helping me in the healing process.  I know it is all part of Your Plan and I am grateful.  


Isaiah 55:8-9

New International Version (NIV)
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.


I remember wondering, "Why, God?" as I watched my Daddy go through his last few months.  It's OK to question God as long as we continue to put our faith in Him and trust Him.  He knows what is best for us.  He knows what needs to happen in order for us to draw closer to Him.  We must be willing to pray for His Will and let go of our own will.  Even though His ways may be mysterious to us they are higher than any ways of our own.  His timing is perfect.  Just like the situation yesterday where I was ministering yet it was part of my healing process...woo hoo!  He provides us with everything we need when we allow Him full reign of our being.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You so much for never leaving me as I go through the healing process.  Thank You Lord for providing opportunities for me to heal.  Father, I pray for the ones going through tough times.  I ask that You be very real to them.  Lord, You are the One who knows all.  You are the One who knows what is needed in order to draw us closer to You.  Thank You Jesus for being My Healer.  Amen.





No comments: