Thursday, July 18, 2013

II Chronicles 20:13 - Prayer Warrior

WOW....WOW....WOW....I think maybe one of my favorite parts of District Assembly is the Wednesday Prayer Time.  I absolutely love being with my District Family as we gather for prayer.  Yesterday as we were getting into His Presence I was so blessed with the Lord speaking to me with four specific situations within the room that needed Him in a mighty way.  Being able to pray with ones who were going through some tough stuff was a blessing.  I continue to pray for them as the Lord brings them to my mind. I was blessed to anoint a couple people and look forward to hearing of the outcome from their situations. I also was blessed with the Word that was presented from Pastor Lain out of II Chronicles.  I find it utterly amazing how that particular book of the Bible has been preached to my ears several times over the last month.  Doc, someone at General Assembly, Pastor Steve, and now Pastor Lain.  As Pastor Lain said yesterday, that is where we can find a model for a corporate prayer meeting.  I agree with what he said about the church today missing out by not having corporate prayer meetings.  Not only are the people missing out but the children who aren't seeing what happens when adults pray.  I love the 13th verse in II Chronicles 20...

All the men of Judah, with their wives and children and little ones, stood there before the Lord.

They all were standing before the Lord.  The children weren't off in Children's Church but they were with their parents standing before the Lord.  I know children need to learn at their own level but are we doing them an injustice by not having them more involved in services?  I'm thankful our church keeps the children in with the adults through the offering so they can experience Praise and Worship.  I know our children believe in prayer and have been taught to have faith in believing the Lord will answer their prayers.  But are we doing enough for them?  Definitely something to pray about.

Throughout the day yesterday I had people come up to me and ask me to pray for them.  Some explained their situations.  Some did not.  I had a call from a lady at home that needed prayer.  At lunchtime I had a situation where I needed to go into an office on campus and had one who needed prayer.  It just seemed like every time I turned around there was someone who needed prayer.  I will have to say it was a day full of praying and I was blessed.  It amazed me how tired I was when I went to bed last night.  I told Doc this morning I don't even remember going to bed.  But it was a good tired.  I am one blessed lady!  Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday...thank You for blessing me in such a mighty way.  I praise Your Holy Name for loving me enough to use me as Your Servant, Lord.  Thank You for bringing some from yesterday back to my mind today to pray again.  Lord, I pray for opportunities to be a Prayer Warrior again today.  Lord, as I was sharing with a group yesterday about feeling like I've lost both of my Prayer Warriors over the last few months I was blessed with an insight You gave to one.  She said there is scripture in Revelation about the prayers of the Saints being lifted up.  She also said You shared with her, when she felt as I do, that the prayers that have went up in the past for her continue.  I like that idea.  I miss my Daddy and Lenore calling me and praying for me but the idea that their prayers continue help me.  Thank You Lord for being The One Who Loves Me!  Amen.


No comments: