Friday, July 5, 2013

Matthew 25:41-45 - $13 Blessing

Woo hoo!!!!  Thank You Jesus!!!!  I met a man at Gateway a few weeks ago who was in desperate need of shoes.  He was wearing house slippers that were cut in order to fit his feet and were worn to shreds.  He told me he wore a size 14 Wide.  I've been looking and looking for a pair of shoes to fit him with no success.  The Lord blessed both of us today when I found a pair at Wal-Mart for $13!!!!!  We had an address and went looking but couldn't find him.  Doc said you better pray they fit him.  My reply was, "I was praying we can find him...I guess I better add the fitting part onto the prayers too."  Woo hoo!  Not only did we find him but YES, they fit him.  As I gently lifted his feet into the new shoes I was so overcome with how blessed I am.  His feet had sores and were swollen.  I wonder when the last time was he had someone touch them.  I wonder when the last time was he had another human touch him at all.  I am so blessed in so many different aspects of my life.  Not just in the sense of what we have but in the sense that the Lord is allowing me to be such a blessing to others such as this man.  The Lord told me to hug him and I didn't hesitate with doing so.  He lives in such a run-down part of Mansfield in what would be considered  the "bad part" of town.  Some would shy away from where we went but I knew the Lord was with us.   The one thing that I didn't do with Davey was to pray with him.  I've been praying for him for weeks but I feel like I missed out on an opportunity.  He told me before that he is a believer and for that I'm grateful.  

Jesus tells us in Matthew 25:41-45 what we are to do with those less fortunate and how He will judge between the sheep and the goats, “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me‘“ (Matthew 25:41-45).

As we pulled away from his place the tears started.  Doc said, "You would spend $13 every day if you could do that, wouldn't you?"  My answer, "YES!"

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me so mightily today in so many ways.  Lord, bless Davey as he goes throughout his days.  Father, each and every time he sees those shoes would you remind him that we love him?  Would you put others in his path that will love on him?  Lord, I know there are a lot of "Davey's" in this world.  I pray for more people to leave their comfort zone and love on them with Your love.  I also pray for more opportunities to be You to others.  Amen.

No comments: