Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ezekiel 1:26-28 and Revelation 4 - "Revelation Song"

I woke up this morning with Kari Jobe's "Revelation Song" in my mind.  What an awesome praise and worship song.  I was reading the background of this song and found the writer (Jennie Riddle) was inspired by Ezekiel 1:26-28 and Revelation 4.

“And then, as they stood with folded wings, there was a voice from above the dome over their heads. Above the dome there was something that looked like a throne, sky-blue like a sapphire, with a humanlike figure towering above the throne. From what I could see, from the waist up he looked like burnished bronze and from the waist down like a blazing fire. Brightness everywhere! The way a rainbow springs out of the sky on a rainy day—that’s what it was like. It turned out to be the Glory of God! (Message)
“…a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. And He who sat there was[like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads. And from the throne proceeded lightenings, thunderings, and voices… Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal… And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures… And they do not rest day or night, saying: ‘ Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!’…”
Woo hoo!  The angels are already singing this song!  We are seeing a little glimpse of heaven on earth when we sing it.  Heaven...a perfect place....a place where there is only peace...a place where we will worship 24/7.  That's what we should be doing here as much as possible.  Worshiping the Lord with our whole being.  Our physical self, our mental self, our emotional self....our whole being.  How can that happen when our lives our full of so much other "stuff"?  Simple.  Get rid of self and concentrate on allowing the Lord to be in us.  Does that mean we no longer have "stuff" in our lives?  No, it means He becomes greater than "stuff".  It means He is the One in control of what "stuff" we allow.  It means He is the One we worship instead of "stuff".    

"Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder; At the mention of your name; Jesus your name is power; Breath, and living water; Such a marvelous mystery; Yeah..."  Those words blow me away!  There are some who can't understand everything about Jesus so they choose to not have anything to do with Him.  I don't have to understand everything about Him.  He loves me.  He saved me.  He will return for me.  That's all that is necessary to know.  I don't have to know the details.  I am content with what He gives me to know when He gives it to me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me enough to die for me.  Thank You for loving me enough to give me Your Grace when I fell away.  Thank You for loving me enough to bless me each and every day with opportunities to be You to others.  Thank You, Jesus, for being the One I Adore.  Amen. 





Worthy is the, Lamb who was slain 
Holy, Holy, is He 
Sing a new song, to him who sits on 
Heaven's mercy seat 
[2X] 

Holy, Holy, Holy 
Is the Lord God Almighty 
Who was, and is, and is to come 
With all creation I sing 
Praise to the King of Kings 
You are my everything 
And I will adore You 

Clothed in rainbows, of living color 
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder 
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be 
to You the only wise King 

Holy, Holy, Holy 
Is the Lord God Almighty 
Who was, and is, and is to come 
With all creation I sing 
Praise to the King of Kings 
You are my everything 
And I will adore You 

Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder 
At the mention of your name 
Jesus your name is power 
Breath, and living water 
Such a marvelous mystery 
Yeah... 

Holy, Holy, Holy 
Is the Lord God Almighty 
Who was, and is, and is to come, yeah 
With all creation I sing 
Praise to the King of Kings 
You are my everything 
And I will adore You 
[3X]

No comments: