Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Psalm 7; Matthew 5:44, 48 - "Lord, I Need You"

The Lord took me to Psalm 7 this morning to ponder upon. It begins with David declaring his trust in God when feeling attacked by others. I love the way it ends in verse seventeen with David thanking and praising God for who He is in his life. No matter what circumstances we go through God is there for us. No matter how hard people try tp tear us apart God is there to encourage us. No matter how far down and depressed we find ourselves God is there to pick us up. People can be cruel and have their own agendas instead of allowing God to be in control of their lives. They can say and do hurtful things against us that may make us to retaliate and say and do ungodly things back. God doesn't like when such things happens but He understands we are human. We must repent in such times and allow Him to empower us with His strength to not just get through it but to glorify Him through it. I had a dream last night that seemed so real. I was thankful for Doug being here to hold me and remind me it was just a dream. My mind started wandering about what it could mean and of course that only brought more turmoil. I was so thankful for God's direction for me to ponder upon Psalm 7 after falling back to sleep and waking for the day. He is so good in providing exactly what we need. Verse ten in the New King James Version reads, My defense is of God, Who saves the upright in heart. Praise His Holy Name for this knowledge! He is my defense and for that I am grateful. His love is greater than anything my enemies can try to put upon me. Woo hoo! Trapp wrote, With his trust in God, David did “Throw off slanders, as Paul did the viper; yea, in a holy scorning… laughs at them.” Trusting God is key in all aspects of life. When we trust Him, we will realize what He desires of us to a fuller degree. Trusting Him is the secret to a life full of blessings as we strive to live in His will. Trusting Him empowers you to pray for your enemies even when you don't want to. Doug and I have talked often of the importance of praying for them. Jesus tells us in Matthew 5:44 that we are to pray for our enemies. It reads in the King James VersionBut I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Jesus had many enemies while on this earth so He experienced some of what we go through ourselves. He did not turn away from them but instead chose to pray for them. What an example that is for us to follow. Verse forty-eight in the New International Version reads, Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. We can never be perfect as He is but the more we strive to be Christ-like the closer we will become as Him. "Lord, I Need You" is on my lips this morning...

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for continuing to give my Momma exactly what she needs to not just get through these days but to glorify You through them! Thank You for Doug who was there during the night to hold me when I had a bad dream! What a blessing he is to me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in the day ahead. I pray Your empowerment over many going through difficult days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Marion; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Defense! Amen.



No comments: