Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Psalm 139:17-18 - "Cornerstone"

Yesterday was another day in paradise. I started the day with Jesus and Psalm 37. Andy came over to look at a house project and had breakfast with us. After we ran some errands to pick up supplies for the house project I picked up Marion for lunch at our house which we thoroughly enjoyed. After we took her home we went to Hilton Head for Doug to see it for the first time. We enjoyed the afternoon/evening with a walk on the beach but it was so windy we decided to not spend much time there. We walked around the area and enjoyed dinner and some shopping. On the way home we drove through a nature reserve. What a fun day to spend our first month anniversary! Of course, throughout the day there were many opportunities for ministry with multiple phone calls, texts, etc. When I fell apart yesterday morning, thankfully my dear friend Jo Ann was there to talk over the phone. God showed up every moment of the day for the 'good' times and the 'tough' times. He was there to give me words when counseling and He gave words of comfort to Jo Ann to share that I needed to hear. He was there on the beach as He spoke to me about how how He knows every grain of sand being blown about just as He knows my hurts and pains in life. God is such a good God. There is such joy found in His presence. I was thinking as I fell asleep last night about how in the midst of so many emotions of the day God was with me. I often wonder how people get along without God in their life. I don't know how I could get through even one day without Him. He is my anchor in the midst of the storms of life. Without Him I am nothing. Our server last night was a young man who so appreciated our prayers. As a college student with bills, a car with issues, etc. he is struggling yet the smile on his face when we asked how we could pray for him was so encouraging. When he came back to thank us a second time, the smile was still there. His smile brought a smile to my face. What a blessing! I was thinking about the commission God put upon me and my church for the coming year to be the hands and feet of Jesus. That is exactly what we all do when we are out and about and do things such as pray with/for our servers. It is what we do when we share smiles with people we meet. I found myself praying while we sat on the swing and people watched yesterday. Young families, people with disabilities, those who seemed so unhappy, elderly, etc. One family who I assume was four generations put a smile on my face as the teen boy was so attentive to the oldest lady. It reminded me of my boys and Momma. I am thankful for  all the memories we have to cherish. I prayed for people yesterday to make good memories for them to cherish too. Throughout the day yesterday I had the song "Cornerstone" going through my mind. God is my Cornerstone and for that I am grateful. I am grateful for godly parents who raised me knowing a life of trusting God as I was taught to love Him in 'good' and 'tough' times. 

The sun goes up, the sun comes down
This old world keeps spinnin' 'round (Spinnin' 'round)
I'm here travelin' down this long and winding road (Long and winding road)
Seasons comе and seasons go
They take mе high, then leave me low
But I'm still standin' on the only Rock I know
You're my cornerstone

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with having Andy in our home for breakfast, Marion in our home for lunch, and our time celebrating our first month anniversary at Hilton Head! Thank You for bringing Doug into my life! I praise You for our server yesterday who was so thankful for our prayers! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over Debbie with her procedure this morning and for others who are going through difficult days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Steph as she recuperates from surgery; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; David; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Cornerstone! Amen.

No comments: