Friday, May 19, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "Ain't Nobody"

Throughout the night and again this morning I had these words from a song Cody Carnes sings called "Ain't Nobody" on my mind...

He gave me joy for the mourning
For the ashes a crown
Yeah, I'm a walking talking miracle
And I just gotta let it out
Ain't nobody love me like Jesus
Ain't nobody love me this good

Yes! His love for me is greater than anything. It is greater than the hurts of life that seem to be so overwhelming at times. It is greater than the mistakes made that make us feel like a failure. It is greater than the expectations we put on ourselves and others put on us that are so unrealistic. His love brings us through 'tough' days stronger than ever before. His love pulls us out of the 'junk' of life to realize He never leaves us. He knew I needed reminded of His love. That is why this song was put on my mind throughout the night. I'm physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausted. The circumstances of life are overwhelming at this point but I cannot allow any of them pull me away from God. I cannot allow the enemy an open door into my life. Instead I must stand upon Paul's words from Philippians 4:13. I must allow God's supernatural strength to be what I walk in. I have often heard the saying 'God will not give you more than you can handle' and have often thought He must think I'm pretty strong. He knows I'm strong by the way I trust Him. He knows I find His strength in the ways He pours Himself into me. This morning I was reminded of the trillium wildflowers we saw growing when Doug and I walked at Johnson's Woods Sunday morning. They look so delicate yet they survive physical storms. We may feel delicate yet we survive 'storms' in life with God's strength. The trillium are so pretty as God's creation just as we are pretty in His eyes. Even when we may not feel as such we still are as God oozes out of us. There is no better compliment than hearing the smile on my face shows God's love in me. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of a safe trip home, for friends like Matt and Billy who unloaded the smoker, and for hugs from Sierra to welcome us home! Thank You for clarity in thinking when I feel so overwhelmed! Thank You for Doug who already had laundry done when I woke up this morning! You bless me in abundance over and over again. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May people see a smile on my face that reflects Your love in me. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Steph as she awaits surgery; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues; and Kaytlin’s husband. May You continue to be close to Andy and Sharon with the loss of their daughters. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: