Monday, May 22, 2023

Matthew 6:9-10, 28:18-20 - "The Lord's Prayer (It's Yours)"

Yesterday was another day in paradise that was enjoyable yet tiring. Being with my church family for our annual meeting and worship followed by lunch was a treasure in my memory bank. I received a text afterward saying 'Pastor, that was your best sermon yet! We all needed to hear it.' I hope it wasn't because it was a short sermon that made it my best...lol. God gave me Matthew 28:18-20 for our vision for the coming church year. We are to go, baptize, and teach. God has told me we are going to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our little world. As I said yesterday, He has not given me the details but I need to be still and wait on those to follow what He has already given us. As we fulfill this vision we will grow in our individual lives along with our corporate spiritual realm. God has great things ahead for the Beaufort Church of the Nazarene but we must get out of His way for those things to be realized. We must remember three things. The past is the past. The present is the present. The future is the future. We cannot live in the glory days of the past but instead live in His presence in the present. We must be still before Him as we wait on the details of what Matthew 28:18-20 will look like for us. I woke up this morning with the song "The Lord's Prayer (It's Yours)" going over and over in my mind. 

Father, let Your Kingdom come 
Father, let Your will be done 
On Earth as in Heaven 
Right here in my heart 

Yes! I am so excited to see His Kingdom come as we become more and more the hands and feet of Jesus. I love details and can get a little impatient waiting on them to be revealed but I know His timing is perfect. I am so thankful for the way God works in my life personally and as a pastor. I am thankful for Him promising Doug to me last spring and for me waiting for the reveal of him in February. So much has happened in the last three months but when God is in the center of things that is how life can be. Doug wrote in his journal, "The future is bright when God is in control..We must always remember, His plan in His time frame." It amazes me how God speaks to both of us on the same subject so many times. Yesterday after having our 'Nazarene nap' after church we went shopping for some shoes to replace mine with holes in them and get him some shorts since his are three sizes too big. After shopping we went to the waterfront and sat on the swings with some ice cream. We didn't do too much walking since my legs were hurting but instead enjoyed being out in God's nature. My tiring day put me in bed early and I ended up with ten hours of sleep. What a blessing! I say it often and mean it every time. I am one blessed lady!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I am so worn out physically, mentally, and emotionally but blessed with the way You keep my spiritual tank going. Thank You for Doug who supports me so well not only here at home with cooking and cleaning but in every aspect of life! It blesses me in abundance with the way he hands out my business cards. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My Momma, my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Steph as she recuperates from surgery; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; Mr John; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; David; and Damon. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Vision Supplier! Amen.

No comments: